Dodge dealer crooks

Help Support CattleToday:

I will not go to the dealership except for parts and besides I will admit I'm to broke for a new truck. The heck with 600-700 dollar or more a month truck note. If your in west or middle TN, north MS, or north AL and you need a diesel worked on PM me and I'll give you the details of a good shop in selmer. Hes friend who works on everything from stock trucks to 700hp + pulling trucks.

High Cotton":vntoo3k6 said:
I will not go to the dealership except for parts and besides I will admit I'm to broke for a new truck. The heck with 600-700 dollar or more a month truck note. If your in west or middle TN, north MS, or north AL and you need a diesel worked on PM me and I'll give you the details of a good shop in selmer. Hes friend who works on everything from stock trucks to 700hp + pulling trucks.

I agree having high truck payments per month is dumb-I say never again, and these newer models trucks, you can't even hardly work on yourself anymore. I think the older models were built better and parts are cheaper and a person can fix it themselves.

6 t 7 hundred dollars a month is a cheap payment, nowdays.. i know folks who are in the 1000.00 to 1200.00 dollar range ..............can you say,, to he$# with that ??? i know i certianly can :cowboy:

My 98.5 24v runs like a clock. I need to have some work done on it but I doubt the total would be more than two months payments. I guess I'am just getting old, I know I'am getting tight.

ALACOWMAN":20b8f65b said:
6 t 7 hundred dollars a month is a cheap payment, nowdays.. i know folks who are in the 1000.00 to 1200.00 dollar range ..............can you say,, to he$# with that ??? i know i certianly can :cowboy:

They can't be solely farming if they are paying that much for a truck payment-

GMN":2ig10irg said:
ALACOWMAN":2ig10irg said:

Sure they can. Some of them probably pay cash.

VanC":3u1kov5n said:
GMN":3u1kov5n said:
ALACOWMAN":3u1kov5n said:

Sure they can. Some of them probably pay cash.

My "big farmer" neighbors pay cash. They drive nice trucks, too.

Know a Ford Dealer south of us I will never do anything with except test drive a truck.
Got a different dealer up north that I would buy from any day.

I'm happy with my trusty old Dodge RAM 1500. It has 145000 miles on it, dings and dents all over. 4.7V8 with an oil cooler, and I put a locker in the differential. Everything works fine, including the A/C. I have so much Slime in the tires I can't drive it over 50 mph, but that's fine, who's in a hurry? 99% of it is just around the pastures, anyway.

What I REALLY REALLY like about it, though, is that it doesn't have these newfangled warnings and buzzers and whatnot that modern trucks do, like that irritating DINGDINGDINGDINGDING when your seat belt isn't fastened. Like I'm going to trundle around my pastures at .5mph wearing a seat belt. And no automatic door locks, that make you constantly unlock the doors when you're getting in and out every 2 minutes.

It's an old friend, licensed in Texas as a "Farm Truck." I think if trucks could be happy, this one is happy. I hope I never, never, ever have to buy a new one.

I have to say that I have a very good Dodge dealership nearby. They are part of a multi brand group right now (GM across the street) but are a very fair place to do business and also provide service.

I have had Dodge/Cummins for the last 12 years or so and won't buy anything else for the trailering I do on my day job. I think if you compare the 05 and '11 Dodges you will see there is no comparison. I have a 2010 3500 Dually and its the first automatic I have owned since a debacle with a Ford automatic on a diesel in the 90's. The new Dodges, especially the 3500's, are very different/better vehicles than even just a few years ago. The Cummins/Auto/engine brake combination is the best thing since sliced bread as far as I am concerned for the way I use a truck. But it is a working truck. I would not buy one to go for groceries or to church.

There are a range of different dealerships out there, as the original post describes. There are some good ones. jmho.

Jim

GMN":wp2guxyb said:
ALACOWMAN":wp2guxyb said:

some just got em to run up and down the road with

Latest posts