Do red hides get discounted?

Help Support CattleToday:

Two different people decide to buy a new pickup truck. Custom ordered just the way they want it. Average Joe goes through all the options and choices with the salesman. On the selection of color, Average Joe says that he just wants a white truck. The order is placed and Average Joe waits for his new truck. Genius Joe comes in the same day to order his truck. On the selection of color, Genius Joe states that he is an expert on color and insists that the order state "Spray no pigment on this truck". The salesman says that they have never placed an order with that request. Genius Joe says that he is certain and will take his business elsewhere if his wishes are not met. A few months later, Average Joe picks up his truck and is happy as can be. Due to the special request, Genius Joe has to wait a little longer due to some confusion. Finally the day arrives to pick up his truck. Genius Joe is shocked to find that the truck was delivered unpainted. The salesman reminded Genius Joe of his request. Genius Joe explained that white was not a pigment. Salesman said "If you wanted a white truck, you should have ordered a white truck. We have 18 colors - white is one of the 18 colors." Genius Joe says "see you in court." Case goes to trial. No genius' on the jury, just average joes. When the verdict is given, the jury says "when you ordered the truck, you should have said you wanted a white one instead of no pigment on the truck. Everyone should be able to understand that." Moral of the story - man who buries head in sand will not even see the cow, but will know what pinkeye feels like.:)
Did you write this from scratch?

Not factual big boy . Keep trying to play gotcha with me maybe one day you will get lucky,
No matter how many times it is repeated on this thread by you or others there is no white pigment present in animals. Only two types of melanin.

Besides which... white is a lack of color, not color.

But then it's hard to understand if you can't distinguish between colloquial uses of words and exact definitions.

Two different people decide to buy a new pickup truck. Custom ordered just the way they want it. Average Joe goes through all the options and choices with the salesman. On the selection of color, Average Joe says that he just wants a white truck. The order is placed and Average Joe waits for his new truck. Genius Joe comes in the same day to order his truck. On the selection of color, Genius Joe states that he is an expert on color and insists that the order state "Spray no pigment on this truck". The salesman says that they have never placed an order with that request. Genius Joe says that he is certain and will take his business elsewhere if his wishes are not met. A few months later, Average Joe picks up his truck and is happy as can be. Due to the special request, Genius Joe has to wait a little longer due to some confusion. Finally the day arrives to pick up his truck. Genius Joe is shocked to find that the truck was delivered unpainted. The salesman reminded Genius Joe of his request. Genius Joe explained that white was not a pigment. Salesman said "If you wanted a white truck, you should have ordered a white truck.
They don't paint trucks with melanin genus. Only two types of melanin neither of which is white.
But I am sure you continue to believe the earth is flat . Believe in Bigfoot , Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny as well.

Besides which... white is a lack of color, not color.
Not quite that way in animals. The dominant white horse with dark skin and nose is due to the lack of melanocytes. Albino have a normal distribution of melanocytes.
As discussed in the scientific study documentation I posted links to.
And by the way white light is the reflection of all colors . If no color is reflected then you have black.

Last edited:
I scratched it out on my laptop one key at a time. I have proven that I am no genius, just an old dumb guy.
I'll disagree. One sign of intelligence is the ability to laugh at yourself and recognize a joke for what it is.

Not everyone here shares that trait, must be recessive or a mutation.

When no color is reflected you have "black".
White is the reflection of all colors.
There is only one true color "red".

When no color is reflected you have "black".
White is the reflection of all colors.
A "rainbow" is white.

1f642.png

@Rmc You deflect. Originally, you were harping on MUTATIONS, now you are arguing about WHITE. Really?
You need to actually read my entire posts . The discussion is around the genetics of coat color . I am not the one claiming certain coat colors where normal and certain coat colors where "mutations"
Nor am I the one claiming there is "white pigment " in cattle and horses.?
By the way I am still waiting for the scientific research that says there is is white pigment in Cattle and horses.
If my posts are in la la land and I am incorrect, back up your statements with documentation or research. You and others can't and won't because your claims aren't supported by scientific research. Instead of constantly attacking me why not get back to the discussion on the science of coat color of cattle .
If I am so wrong and out in left field prove me wrong with science.

You need to actually read my entire posts . The discussion is around the genetics of coat color . I am not the one claiming certain coat colors where normal and certain coat colors where "mutations"
Nor am I the one claiming there is "white pigment " in cattle and horses.?
By the way I am still waiting for the scientific research that says there is is white pigment in Cattle and horses.
If my posts are in la la land and I am incorrect, back up your statements with documentation or research. You and others can't and won't because your claims aren't supported by scientific research. Instead of constantly attacking me why not get back to the discussion on the science of coat color of cattle .
If I am so wrong and out in left field prove me wrong with science.
I'm personally not well enough educated on the finer details of the science to argue any one way or another, nor do I care about the subject matter greatly. That said, if you are positive one way or another that you're right and everyone else is wrong, why persist? Why not just say pi$$ on it and walk away?

Latest posts