Will get busy tomorrow,

Help Support CattleToday:

The drab colours make it look very wintery already. What did you take the photos from? One shot there it looks like a wing strut in the photo. Were you using the aircraft to muster the cattle or just looking for stragglers.
Are the calves you are shipping the ones you had forward sold earlier?

Ken

The drab colours make it look very wintery already. What did you take the photos from? One shot there it looks like a wing strut in the photo. Were you using the aircraft to muster the cattle or just looking for stragglers.
Are the calves you are shipping the ones you had forward sold earlier?

Ken
Yes, we were flying looking for stragglers on range. Yes, we are delivering calves that were forward sold a few weeks ago.

Started at daylight this morning (7 am) last truck left at 12:20. Had two loads of replacement heifers and derelicts to haul home before I headed for big lights. Got a rock between the duals on my one ton and both tires blew half way home. Spare was new tire, been riding in trailer for two years.. 30 lbs… Had to take it home and blow it up. Anyway, put me late and will head in tomorrow, Appointments for new fan clutch and tires for the old truck.
Watch the cutbacks sell on Wednesday and bring a load of bulls and stags home to clean up.

Looks like some pretty nice calves from the rear... especially since many were nearly as big as the cows.!!!!
How did they weigh?
How many of the bulls and stags did you bring home? Were they from your own, or bought ones that you pick up and then put together groups from?
Glad you got most all found... so you are still missing 3 pairs? Do you often have some go "rogue" and just stick to the woods? Do they make it through the winters there? Do they become "bear bait" or will they "come home" as the grazing gets too scarce?
The way you do things is very different from here in the east. I really enjoy your pictures and seeing how it is done where there is so much land.... and those northern cattle seem to really put on the weight up there and the cows always look real good too.

Looks like some pretty nice calves from the rear... especially since many were nearly as big as the cows.!!!!
How did they weigh?
How many of the bulls and stags did you bring home? Were they from your own, or bought ones that you pick up and then put together groups from?
Glad you got most all found... so you are still missing 3 pairs? Do you often have some go "rogue" and just stick to the woods? Do they make it through the winters there? Do they become "bear bait" or will they "come home" as the grazing gets too scarce?
The way you do things is very different from here in the east. I really enjoy your pictures and seeing how it is done where there is so much land.... and those northern cattle seem to really put on the weight up there and the cows always look real good too.
We are still out 16 pairs and 9 bulls, the Great White Cowboy will bring them out of the bush or make tracking easy.

Plan is to put together 200ish of these 550 weight bulls and stags. Clean them up and sell as 750+ wtt. steers in Feb. Will forward contract as soon as most of them bought.

Glad to hear you enjoy my photos!

That sounds reasonable Dave. Are you saying that the heifers were a bit too heavy to suit your buyers and possibly should have brought a bit more?
That dog is a big fella. He sure would be a threat to a reasonable size calf.

Ken

That sounds reasonable Dave. Are you saying that the heifers were a bit too heavy to suit your buyers and possibly should have brought a bit more?
That dog is a big fella. He sure would be a threat to a reasonable size calf. Good of him to let you take his photo.

Ken

That dog is a big fella. He sure would be a threat to a reasonable size calf.

Ken
The heifers were heavier than forward contracted weight range given. That and we had enough heifers to fill the load contracted.

There are a few more of those Queen's Puppies out there.

Someone shot a big black female with a collar back during deer season. She was the alpha female in a pack that has caused a lot of problems. I would like to thank the person who shot her. But I don't want to know who they are. I hope they keep their mouth shut.

Latest posts