Diesel prices - Campground

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat":1cvfymoa said:
May of 2007
A few months ago I traded in my gas guzzling 318 Dodge 1500 for a Dodge Cummins 2500. The gasser got about 14-15 mpg and I am getting 17-18 out of the Cummins. I have noticed that diesel is recently started to fall below the price of unleaded around here (Waco area). I just paid 2.58 for diesel, and the 87 unleaded was 2.77 at Flying J. I couldn't be happier, that is unless it keeps falling.

Are diesel prices going to continue to fall? Have the refineries ironed out all the wringles in meeting gov standards for diesel?

A year and a half later, diesel around here is nearly a $1.00 more per gallon than unleaded. Anybody think diesel will come down to unleaded prices, and if not what's keeping it up so high?

Flying J today (10-20-2008):
Unleaded.... 2.35
Diesel.........3.39

Be happy that your diesel is costing less then gas. Will get an update today, but our diesel was $3.89 and gas was below $2.99.
Will check it out again today when I go into town.

I luv herfrds":1d73kb12 said:
Be happy that your diesel is costing less then gas. Will get an update today, but our diesel was $3.89 and gas was below $2.99.

I am NOT happy. Unleaded is going down much faster than diesel and I would like to know why diesel can't be comparable to unleaded in price.

Unleaded.... 2.35
Diesel.........3.39

TXBobcat":1hkh6z8x said:
I luv herfrds":1hkh6z8x said:

I am NOT happy. Unleaded is going down much faster than diesel and I would like to know why diesel can't be comparable to unleaded in price.

Unleaded.... 2.35
Diesel.........3.39

I'm sure demand is still very strong for diesel...that plus it has to be refined more completely in order to meet the new "low sulfur" requirements..Europe, Asia and South American could care less about the sulfur content. All they want is "plenty of it"...So some probably is shipped there for extra profits.

Horse Guy":3b096ihu said:
Well its the same deal in Canada. No new refineries in years and years. I dont know if its because of EPA type crap or not. But gosh almighty something has to be done. We are at $5 a gallon!!!
Irving is talking about building a refinery in NB but this is a decade away.
Plus up here its like in the States as far as the people who actually have the power to change things. Example one side is pro oil profits and the other side is pro enviromental. But neither side is even talking about anything that will get the cost down to consumers.
Yet every normal working person that I know of is hurting over high fuel prices.
Man everything is going to heck up here. All the good stuff in life like trucks, guns, tobbacco, beer, etc is just getting to expensive/regulated out of the reach of the average guy. Gosh what kind of life will future generations have?
Whats left to live for?
Ive got the Red Neck Blues<grin>

Horse...those items have never sold for what they're really worth. (You left out good bourbon). :lol: :lol:

OPEC is meeting this week and you can be assured that the price will go back up. Chavez has already pronounced that the price of crude should be between $80 and $90/bbl.

Someone asked how much oil do we buy? I guess this person doesn't have electricity or a TV or listen to radio. We import about 75% of our oil!!!!

Earl Thigpen":1n1m27jb said:
OPEC is meeting this week and you can be assured that the price will go back up. Chavez has already pronounced that the price of crude should be between $80 and $90/bbl.

Someone asked how much oil do we buy? I guess this person doesn't have electricity or a TV or listen to radio. We import about 75% of our oil!!!!

That idiot Chavez probalby doesn't know what the price of beans is.

ga. prime":pfltvofb said:
Did you know OPEC modeled itself after the Texas Railroad Commission?

No I didn't know that. Just knew I was getting railroaded. :D Now I know why!

Latest posts