Did a nephew spill the Colonel's secret recipe (kfc)

Help Support CattleToday:

I've toured yum foods a few times. I think the secracy is for promotion. Any lab should be able to determine the herbs and spices, and their percentage.

Saws a documentary a few years ago in which one of his daughters claimed the "final" recipe was written on the kitchen wall by the door in the house where they lived at the time. As far as she knew it was still there when they moved!

This nephew's recipe may be a failed attempt. Seems to have a lot of ginger.

Mom likes KFC. What I've found interesting you can eat the whole bird bones and all. I don't know if it's the cooker or the bird but it's all eatable

JMJ Farms":dumr5g2t said:
KFC will make a turd but it ain't nothing special compared to what some of these older southern ladies can do!

I kick myself because I never paid attention to how my mom fried chicken. She always made the best and she could make some kick a$$ gravy out of the grease crumbles. When I fry it there's a coat of armor on it. Rather have the crispy when it comes to KFC.

slick4591":22okxjgt said:
JMJ Farms":22okxjgt said:
KFC will make a turd but it ain't nothing special compared to what some of these older southern ladies can do!

I kick myself because I never paid attention to how my mom fried chicken. She always made the best and she could make some kick a$$ gravy out of the grease crumbles. When I fry it there's a coat of armor on it. Rather have the crispy when it comes to KFC.

Slick I should learn from your post and go watch my grandma cook some a few times while I still have her around. Not to mention that after the watching comes the eating! Win win situation :nod: I can fry chicken but not like her. her batter has a lot to do with it. And she only cooks on a gas stove. She said electric takes too long. When it comes to gravy, I ain't never been too good at that. Maybe I should get her to show me that while she's frying chicken!

TennesseeTuxedo":3b2hxmac said:
Kingfisher":3b2hxmac said:
Mom likes KFC. What I've found interesting you can eat the whole bird bones and all. I don't know if it's the cooker or the bird but it's all eatable

Uh, no it isn't.

Tux he didn't mean that for people with false teeth :lol:

JMJ Farms":1omnoize said:
Slick I should learn from your post and go watch my grandma cook some a few times while I still have her around. Not to mention that after the watching comes the eating! Win win situation :nod: I can fry chicken but not like her. her batter has a lot to do with it. And she only cooks on a gas stove. She said electric takes too long. When it comes to gravy, I ain't never been too good at that. Maybe I should get her to show me that while she's frying chicken!

It's an art that's being lost so you'll surely kick yourself later on if you don't. Mom had all those little crumbly things on the breading that I can't duplicate. :cry2:

JMJ Farms":qa5cj0fb said:
TennesseeTuxedo":qa5cj0fb said:
Kingfisher":qa5cj0fb said:

Uh, no it isn't.

Tux he didn't mean that for people with false teeth :lol:
You tell em JMJ...yea tux you can't eat the legs...

Jogeephus":1h5f34a3 said:
Anyone ever see a KFC buffet? There is one about 20 miles from me. Pretty good place.

Yup. Have eaten off several. My streak ended in Arkansas when they couldn't keep up when they were in really deep weeds.

No, Joe, but we have a regional version of it, and it's not bad either. Oddly enough, one of the items on the chicken buffet is fried fish, which even odder (more odd?) (or not) is that it tastes a lot like the chicken.

Latest posts