Diamond C hydraulic Dovetail Gooseneck

Help Support CattleToday:

brw

Reaction score
Has anyone owned a Diamond C Hydraulic Dovetail Trailer ? I am looking and about ready to Buy a dual tandem 32 foot. Good, Bad or ugly?

Are you looking at the new design? Can't remember what they call them but it's a formed frame.

I just ordered the exact trailer you are looking at last week, 32' and all. Came down to 3 manufacturers in the end - Diamond C, PJ and Load Trail. All 3 had good points and bad, but wound up going with the Load Trail in the end.

I loved the 12' dove on the DC, but the very few I was able to look at in person had some QC issues that I think should not have left the factory. They only run their torque tube for the front half of the flat section, and to be perfectly honest I'm not crazy about buying any new design within the first few years of production - referring to their new engineered beam frame. They seem to get good reviews, but I'm just a skeptical person and can be overly analytical at times.

Pricewise in my case, the D-C and Load Trail were too close to call, and PJ has priced themselves out of the market when comparing apples to apples. It'll be a month or two before my trailer gets here, so time will tell.

There's a lot of difference in pricing between dealers on the same trailer, so don't be afraid to shop around and take a little drive to find the best value. When pricing the D-C trailers, there was a $5900 spread on quotes for the same exact trailer from highest to lowest. And no, $5900 is not a typo.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

If you are a little flexible I have seen some used sale at auction recently go way below retail and looked good. I went to ProTeam auction a couple weeks ago and there was a couple there not sure of length, but they went plenty cheap enough IMO.

There is a big sale at Tyler Brothers and Maryville TN (no buyer premium) this week and just going through the auction quickly online I seen some nice trailers. It is unbelievable how cheap some of this equipment is going (talk about farmers losing their azz on equipment)

Out of curiosity, have you bought a trailer yet or decided on which one you're going to pursue?

I have a 32' Better built hydraulic diove with hydro jacks . Hydro jacks are the best .. Only regret I have is not getting disc brakes , only complaint is at only 68-70 mph empty I can feel it behind me .. slight vibration , not unbearable but noticeable . Lots of weight behind the axle i guess . . Anybody else noticed this on hydro tails? . Ive been told to balance the tires

Latest posts