dial up to high speed

Help Support CattleToday:

AT&T... the cost of the Sierra air card is $99 bucks. They will send you a rebate of $100 for signing up for 2 years. It is really just like a cell phone, except is an air card. It works good, just the monthly cost is $60 a month. A bit expensive in my opinion.

ive been on hughesnet for almost a year.an id never go back to dialup.i would check wildblue out real good.because i hear their service sucks biggtime.if your hughesnet is installed right itll work like a jewel.ours went down for a day over the weekend.1st time we been offline since they was upgrading.

Im using a wireless card through a local cell company $40 bucks a month. When it works, its as fast as DSL but 10% of the time it gets moody and its worse then dial-up. Im happy with it.

interesting reading as I have dialup at home and have been too tight to go with satelite.

ATT is proposing a tower to go up might near across the road from us and if that happens I will probably check out the wireless card. just do not have any idea ho long it will be.

Verizon wireless card is supposed to be pretty good around us now and new as well.

Interesting to see how rates vary across the country with the same outfits as well.

I have sprint cell phone but am in the edge of their service. Till six months ago it was the only option at my house.

We use Hughes net here, my neighbor has wireless broadband but you have to have line of sight and we're in the valley. I've been thinking about a cell phone wireless card. We can't get signal in the house but can make calls from the driveway. Anybody have any comments on using Yagi antennas to increase the cell signal?

Latest posts