Depth of heel

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":21fgo8n5 said:
Richard. You are not acknowledging my message. Don't assume you know how I should be. The only thing that ever really bothers me is when someone puts themselves in the position you did that they tell them what to be or how to behave. I enjoy thinking, planning even exchanges of this nature. I enjoy writing. I enjoy writing in the style that suits me.

What I look like to you and a $1.00 will buy me a cup of coffee. Except maybe Starbucks. :D
you might try this site, they love em a vocabulary like yours, but expect to be talked to like a field hand if you slip up
:p http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f ... b7a3f8b473

ALACOWMAN":32tgodrq said:
inyati13":32tgodrq said:
Richard. You are not acknowledging my message. Don't assume you know how I should be. The only thing that ever really bothers me is when someone puts themselves in the position you did that they tell them what to be or how to behave. I enjoy thinking, planning even exchanges of this nature. I enjoy writing. I enjoy writing in the style that suits me.

What I look like to you and a $1.00 will buy me a cup of coffee. Except maybe Starbucks. :D
you might try this site, they love em a vocabulary like yours, but expect to be talked to like a field hand if you slip up
:p http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f ... b7a3f8b473
Thanks. I will check when I get to my computer.

TexasBred, you originally made a brief post about the communication abilities of DOC and I. I responded. Mostly in humor. Then you took me to the woodshed. I explained the nature of my communication in my response to your first criticism. What to he$$ do you care about my communication skills? Are you losing anything if I can't talk to "ranchers, dairymen and farmers?" It is a free and open forum. Read what you want and ignore the rest. I do. There are about 10 people I look to for information. Most of the rest, I don't even read.

Let me just offer this. I am here to have fun and get some information. If I play a few "freaking games", just let it be. I have never called anyone a name or been rude. If I have, please present it here and I will apologize.

I confess to being unorthodox but I do have principles. I do not call people names.

I am not righteous, I have violated about every one of the 10 commandments. If there is a he$$, I will be there.

I have always been honest. I stole a 5 cent bottle of chocolate milk when I was about 8. It scared me to death and I had night sweats thinking the devil was going to get me in my sleep.

I avoid outright rude behavior.

I will never try to tell someone what they should believe, how they should think or how they should behave. I don't like it done to me.

I am only providing this because I see no motivation for your attack. I guess we are not friends anymore. :wave:

Ron,
Now I have had to go through the 10 commandments trying to picture all of this. :lol2: :lol2: You can tell me but lets keep it a secret!!! ;-)

I did steal an ear of corn out of the neighbors field across the road. He has an irrigation system and I wanted to compare it to an ear of corn out of my field. I did get one out of the 10th row, not the side rows.
After reading this, I may go tie it back up to one of the stalks.

I can think of one other that I broke too.

inyati13":k6mqupgk said:
TexasBred, you originally made a brief post about the communication abilities of DOC and I. I responded. Mostly in humor. Then you took me to the woodshed. I explained the nature of my communication in my response to your first criticism. What to he$$ do you care about my communication skills? Are you losing anything if I can't talk to "ranchers, dairymen and farmers?" It is a free and open forum. Read what you want and ignore the rest. I do. There are about 10 people I look to for information. Most of the rest, I don't even read.

You tell me. Did you post anything that could have been beneficial to me and others had it been in laymen terms?? Most are searching for answers. If you can help them then help them but don't just throw out a bunch of bullshyt and call it a game you enjoy.

ALACOWMAN":3mwfvusq said:
you seem like a good person Ron... personally if ive offended you it was all in fun. and fun.. :cowboy:
No Sir. You and I have had good fun and that is how I took it. Thank you for these kind words. Sincerely, my friend.

TexasBred":x4kme344 said:
inyati13":x4kme344 said:

You tell me. Did you post anything that could have been beneficial to me and others had it been in laymen terms?? Most are searching for answers. If you can help them then help them but don't just throw out a bunch of bullshyt and call it a game you enjoy.

TexasBred, I have never presented myself on this forum as a "Cattle Expert". I am an expert on snakes and I am a good scientist, but I am no cattle expert. I know genetics, but I am no breeder. I have done well. My cattle are healthy and reproducing. I have learned things my Dad had no clue of. But I don't even think of myself as being here to provide enlightenment to readers. Maybe I have uncovered some useful information on the FP MLV issues. But primarily, I try to be positive and hopefully give someone a smile or laugh. Texasbred, be a little more open minded than saying I am throwing out bullshyt. I don't try to hurt anyone. I am not rude or name calling. I enjoy technical writing and there is a place for it in the cattle industry. The difference between me and DOC, is that DOC presents himself as an "Expert". There is a responsibility that goes with that. I am not here as an "expert". No offense to DOC but that gives me a few more privileges.

I honestly do not see where your attack comes from. I considered you a friend!

Folks I really am intrested in your thoughts on depth of heel. If this is a hoof structure issue then why not develop an EPD for this trait, they seem to be able to develop EPD's on everything else. The AI studs could also do more to assist us with this issue.

That being said I stole a goose egg once, I was in third grade. Upon arriving home I proudly handed it to my mamma. She asked me where did you get this egg, I looked her right in the eye and said I found it on the side of the road. She looked at me said Debra Ann you did not and when you open your mouth again you better be telling me the truth. My fear of mamma didn't allow for anything other than the truth, I told her I had taken it out of a ladies back yard (at our bus stop) and yes they actually had buses that long ago! Mom loaded my butt up and hauled me over to the scean of the crime, when we arrived mamma said now go tell her what you did. I walked up to the door knocked and waited, I can't remember what she said but do remember the look of respect she gave my mamma. I have never stolen another thing! So I know for sure one commandment I have broken, and I am sure there are others but I do try my best not to mess up to often. I use to tell my mother that I just couldn't remember Bible verses she told me that I really didn't need to worry about that. God gave us Ten Commandments and a Golden Rule if I could live by those then I was going to be ok.

Gizmom

TexasBred":3q9v182s said:
ALACOWMAN":3q9v182s said:
inyati13":3q9v182s said:
ALACOWMAN, I was being charitable. I am not picking a fight with the substance of his message but one should be responsible with the proper use of technical terms when one wears the mantel of an authority.
i know... i just got done reading over his thread only to run into yours.... im a highschool dropout from rural Al..... so you can see my delimma :cowboy:
Both have very impressive vocabularies....neither have a clue how to communicate. !!!!!!!
You got that right. Hell when I went to school in Kentucky they " studied me ". But when I was hauling bulls out in Wyoming back in the 1980's all we worried about was how high they could throw those heels, and the cowboy. We weren't to concerned how nature made the thing. :cowboy:

inyati13":1gmwq58w said:
I honestly do not see where your attack comes from. I considered you a friend!

You're have not been attacked. I simply disagree with your methods. You're a big boy. You'll get over it. :nod:

I'm a bit confused as to what brought all that on?

I enjoy reading Doc and Inyati and I'd be willing to bet a month's wages TB knows more about nutrition in both beef and dairy cattle than anyone else on this forum.

In the immortal words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

TennesseeTuxedo":3cov60jv said:

I enjoy reading Doc and Inyati and I'd be willing to bet a month's wages TB knows more about nutrition in both beef and dairy cattle than anyone else on this forum.

TB is really a mean old lady in New Jersey just pretending to be a an cattle nutrition expert from Texas :D

cross_7":92rpg1l6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":92rpg1l6 said:

TB is really a mean old lady in New Jersey just pretending to be a an cattle nutrition expert from Texas :D

Well she sure had me fooled. :yuck:

I want to state openly that I wish I had been more sensitive in regard to my comments to DOC HARRIS. I sent him a private message and he responded with one of the nicest messages I have ever gotten. He is an outstanding personality and contributes a great deal of his time and energy in his service to the beef industry. He is a true Gentleman, something many of us on here should try harder to be. I apologized to him and his wife who he loves dearly. I am sorry I was not more careful.

Ron

cross_7":uchy9yrv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":uchy9yrv said:

NJ :shock: :shock: :shock: Actually I'm in downtown Detroit right now trying to hold my one against a mob of "ganstas" and only have a single shot 22. These thugs are trying to take over my territory and recruit my ladies. :nod:

My point with Doc and Inyati was only to stress that I have learned that my communications are seldom with a room full of PhDs and they should learn the same. Speak in a way that your audience understands are you might as well not say anything.

TexasBred":1037ou6z said:
cross_7":1037ou6z said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1037ou6z said:

NJ :shock: :shock: :shock: Actually I'm in downtown Detroit right now trying to hold my one against a mob of "ganstas" and only have a single shot 22. These thugs are trying to take over my territory and recruit my ladies. :nod:

You should do fine. A 22 rifle with a fine peep sight is one of the most deadly tools in the world in the hands of a trained shooter. I don't know if the record still holds but at one time the largest bear in North America was killed with a .22 rimfire by a native Eskimo.

Latest posts