Hope he stays on his side of the fence.

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah he looks healthy and no doubt he's fertile, pastures have been good here so far.
It's a survival of the fittest handful of cattle back there, I don't think they are thought about much.

I routinely run an electric wire back 100 ft. from the property line where a neighbor runs bulls on two sides of my farm.
His bulls are better than the one shown but not by much,
I do not lose that much ground as I plant a garden there and run sheep there part of the year.
Lots of bull talk between them but so far it has kept them apart.

He's colorful! Don't know that I'd want a whole herd bred by him. 12 gauge loads with rock salt might deter him.

He's colorful! Don't know that I'd want a whole herd bred by him. 12 gauge loads with rock salt might deter him.
We've had a calf by one of their bulls before, thankfully it was a heifer and even though she looks Jersey she raises a good calf from a beef bull.
A different neighbors CharolaisX bull came over the fence last year a couple times and we two calves by it in February and looks as though a young heifer is going to calve any day by him from the second visit.

The neighbors ugly bull was the problem I had when trying to have a shorter calving season. Of course the neighbor wouldn't do anything. He would say "well all your cows are coming in heat, what do you expect". It wasn't worth getting into a argument about. He is the most negative guy I have ever met. He doesn't put much effort into his operation except whining about it. I don't need pissed off neighbors so I let it go. At least he got rid of that stumpy bag of loose leather and got a real Brangus.

The neighbors ugly bull was the problem I had when trying to have a shorter calving season. Of course the neighbor wouldn't do anything. He would say "well all your cows are coming in heat, what do you expect". It wasn't worth getting into a argument about. He is the most negative guy I have ever met. He doesn't put much effort into his operation except whining about it. I don't need pissed off neighbors so I let it go. At least he got rid of that stumpy bag of loose leather and got a real Brangus.
That's a lot the situation we have too, the neighbor is older and not really able to work with the cattle or maintain fences. Pretty much the only time anything gets sold is when they get in on a neighboring farm and then that landowner has to get them up and take them to market.
We have gotten several up and sold for them.
For a while we didn't charge anything but the last few times we've gotten a haul bill, because we are always having to work on fence or spending several hours getting the cattle up.
A couple years ago two of their cattle, a bull about the size of the one pictured and a smaller bull got in on us. The bigger bull was bad and would turn and come at me when I tried to drive them up. I got the smaller one up, but had to hire a young man with a horse to rope the other one. I ended up almost getting my arm broke trying to get it loaded.

Don't know what your state laws are, but I was told to send a registered letter. Don't if that's true or not.
I do know .22 rat shot works wonders, . 22 WMR rat shot works better!
Never got to the .30 cal.

Hey! Get rid of the bush honeysuckle! ....Wait.....that isn't what you are photographing? :oops:
Yeah if the multi flora roses wasn't bad enough the bush honeysuckle is taking over.
Most of that property where that bull is is so grown up there could be 1000 Sasquatches hiding in there and they'd never be seen till somebody walked right up on one.

If your bull jumps this fence....

Come get your steer!
In this case it's more like try get it caught and in a trailer, and tell the stockyards to mail em their check.
Seriously, those cattle are bat blank crazy, I ain't getting close enough to him to make him a steer😂.
The owner doesn't have any working facilities at all, and is scared of them.

Latest posts