Definition of Political Correctness

Help Support CattleToday:

skyline

Reaction score
Got this in an email yesterday. Thought ya'll might enjoy this...

The following is the 2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was Political Correctness.

The winner wrote-
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Sadly enough, that definition wouldn't have a chance of winning on most U.S. campuses these days. Heck, whoever submitted it would probably be ostracized. My hats off to Texas A & M for going against the grain.

VanC":spmayfgz said:
Sadly enough, that definition wouldn't have a chance of winning on most U.S. campuses these days. Heck, whoever submitted it would probably be ostracized. My hats off to Texas A & M for going against the grain.

Van, you are correct. TAMU is a special place where tradition, honor, integrity, and patriotism still have value. There was a flyover during the national anthem at the last football game that I attended at Kyle Field. The patriotism demonstrated by students and former students was unbelievable. I don't mind telling you that I teared up big time.

skyline":1zyabzpw said:
VanC":1zyabzpw said:

Van, you are correct. TAMU is a special place where tradition, honor, integrity, and patriotism still have value. There was a flyover during the national anthem at the last football game that I attended at Kyle Field. The patriotism demonstrated by students and former students was unbelievable. I don't mind telling you that I teared up big time.

Well, buddy, you just got yourself another fan, although the Illini will always be first in my heart. How about we have some good-natured fun when they meet up in the BCS Championship game this year? ;-)

Latest posts