Deep Frrrrrrrrrreeeeezzzee

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em":3dck7o57 said:
We have been having record high temperatures, most ski resorts have closed down due to lack of snow.

Will send you some. I have no place to park anything. Snowpack 8-10 feet tall at the perimeters of all my parking areas.
I have a very long very steep driveway I am fighting tooth and nail to keep open so we can still get to the cows. Hay running low. I'm not panicking yet but definitely in contingency planning mode. It is dangerously cold. Wind chill 40 below tonight. More snow on the way. We will be looking at floods if we don't get a few gradual warming days in the next few weeks--the forecast for the next 10 days is equally ugly.

Bluebirds....

Not nearly as bad as boondocks here, but we are getting our first major snow of the season. The prediction is 12 inches, and it looks like we are up to about 6 now with snow falling steadily. It's going to stay below freezing for a while, and a low of -8 is predicted for later in the week.

greybeard":3sa78ni1 said:
Not freezing, but for sure no daisies here but we also all know winter ain't done in Texas yet--even this far South.

Yea, Grey. I think our Winter is due tonight and last for about twenty four hours. According to the weather folks its supposed to get down to 34. :lol:

When I left for work yesterday I noticed several may haw trees blooming. I hope we don't get a hard frost and ruin the crop this year. I'm not looking forward to working tonight .

I haven't seen a mayhaw in years and years.
We got about an inch of rain earlier today and now about the same thing CB said.
And of course, I happened to have left the driver side window down in my pickup. :x

greybeard":3qteadoi said:
We got about an inch of rain earlier today and now about the same thing CB said.
And of course, I happened to have left the driver side window down in my pickup. :x

I have Mayhaws in the back yard they haven't even budded yet.
If you want a mayhaw they need a 24 guard from fox squirrels and coons.

Windchills back down to minus-friggin-30 the next couple nights. More snow on the way. Then ice. WHEEEEEE. Usually we get a bit of a thaw in between----but this winter has been a bear, on top of last year's similar one......I took the dog on a nice long walk yesterday because I thought it felt warm. Got home and realized it was all of 11 degrees. :lol: :lol: Funny what you get used to.

How them bluebirds coming?

Caustic Burno":3ew5tyqj said:
greybeard":3ew5tyqj said:

I have Mayhaws in the back yard they haven't even budded yet.
If you want a mayhaw they need a 24 guard from fox squirrels and coons.

I let the guard down on my pear trees for just a couple days last season--the coons didn't leave a single one.

-15 here this morning. We almost never have weather like this. Coldest temp we have had in over 30 years.
Calves are eating good and have running water but I still think they are loosing weight. At the best they are staying the same. How do animals that are not well taken care of survive this weather?

Look at the bright side. You don't have to worry about bugs or snakes. There is an up side to everything, you just need to look for it.

What's the up side to the 1/4-1/2 inch of freezing rain/ice they're calling for tonight?

Still freezing my ace off up here. Several more inches of snow yesterday and today, with massive wind and snowdrifts. Really getting to be a grind...this has been just an unreal winter. I thought last year was bad but this one has outdone that one even. We have snow piled many feet high, and tunnels going from one place to the next. I feel like a mole. A really cold, really weary mole!

You know its been cold when you go outside, wet gloves and coat, and its 33 and raining.....and you say, its balmy out and doesnt feel that bad. Today, we're suppose to get up into the 60s...its going to be raining, but i'm guessing we'll be too hot in our normal outdoor gear. I plan to sweat, i want to feel the heat and i want to sweat. I'm a Texas girl through and through, give me 100+ any day over 21 and ice.. But alas, back into the 20s and ice again tomorrow, so so irritating.

Latest posts