Dectomax or Cydectin?

Help Support CattleToday:

katpau,
I would say you were correct... none of the benzimidazoles, Valbazen included, have any significant 'persistence'; I believe that slaughter withdrawal for Valbazen is, like, 5 days... so I'd certainly anticipate that deworming with it a week prior to AI or bull turnout would pose no issues, so far as teratogenicity is concerned.

Ojp6 - I have used Noromectin in the past, but studies showing that many of the 'generic' ivermectin products have efficacies far below that of the pioneer (original name-brand) product, have dissuaded me from using anything other than the 'real McCoy', anymore. If you'll give us a link to the study/PowerPoint you found, I'm sure several of us would be interested in looking at it and possibly commenting.

Lucky_P":eqvr5agm said:
katpau,
I would say you were correct... none of the benzimidazoles, Valbazen included, have any significant 'persistence'; I believe that slaughter withdrawal for Valbazen is, like, 5 days... so I'd certainly anticipate that deworming with it a week prior to AI or bull turnout would pose no issues, so far as teratogenicity is concerned.

Ojp6 - I have used Noromectin in the past, but studies showing that many of the 'generic' ivermectin products have efficacies far below that of the pioneer (original name-brand) product, have dissuaded me from using anything other than the 'real McCoy', anymore. If you'll give us a link to the study/PowerPoint you found, I'm sure several of us would be interested in looking at it and possibly commenting.

Sorry, this was the link.http://events.animalhealthinternati...ok/untitled folder/AHI training July 2013.pdf

[/quote]I have heard the 45 days prior to breeding repeated several times, but the label just says "Do not administer to female cattle during first 45 days of pregnancy" I don't see anything about giving it prior to breeding cattle. Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you gave it a week or so prior to bull turn-out, you would be OK. The label only cautions against using the product at any time when cows could be less than 45 days into pregnancy.[/quote]

Your right that's what the label says. I found it some where the day this question was posted. I always have used injectable or pour on.

Latest posts