Debruycker Charolais Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Cotton,

While I might not have been as diplomatic as I could have been, I was trying to help. I said I didn't think it would pencil out to spend a lot of money on a bull to use on Longhorn cows, and I stand by that. If that isn't what he wanted to hear he's free to ignore it.

Rafter S":18mp48ne said:
Cotton,

While I might not have been as diplomatic as I could have been, I was trying to help. I said I didn't think it would pencil out to spend a lot of money on a bull to use on Longhorn cows, and I stand by that. If that isn't what he wanted to hear he's free to ignore it.
What's wrong with getting best bull to using on longhorn cows?

cotton1":1q23ami8 said:
Well Big Cheese, I was hoping you would get some useful info. It seems folks would rather bash your program than offer useful info. Im sorry thats how it goes. Many feel if they can talk down about others, that they will feel lifted up.

<snip>

+1

Big Cheese, I like your thinking on the Charolais bull on your Longhorn cows. The outfit you are looking at is one of the premier Charolais herds in the country. Look for a polled Charolais bull. Personally, I would look for a breeder that was using DeBruyker genetics closer to home. I worry about bringing a bull out of Montana to southwest Arkansas. Too much difference in forage quality.

Charolais is the best way to go with Longhorns I already knew that and got even better results with it today. Sold a few calves today. Three steers weighed within 50 pounds of each other. One full blood longhorn.....another solid black longhorn cross steer.....the last a Charolais Corriente cross. The Charolais cross brought $2.02 a pounds (pretty good for how our prices have been). The full blood longhorn brought $1.40 (about what I expected being full blood) and the Solid black Longhorn cross which was a really good calf and weighed the most out of all of our calves that we sold brought $1.02. If that doesn't tell you that Charolais is the way to go your blind. By the way it still disappointed me that the calf brought so little we got cheated there for sure regardless of what color it was. We are thinking of switching barns but that's another story.

No I cant tell you if skunk tails come from Charolais, or if it does specific blood lines. I know when I breed my Charolais together they always have white tails, so I guess its possible. Thats a whole other topic I would think. To put it in perspective, I cant identify any Debruycker blood lines that definately will or wont give your cross bred calves a white tail. Sorry

You obviously don't know me at all.. haha

But regardless - prices are tanking all over. So where do they fall in the mix.

I've noticed, when the market falls, anything that is a little off falls the furthest.

Muddy":21nz6a3x said:
Supa Dexta":21nz6a3x said:
TennesseeTuxedo":21nz6a3x said:
Don't be a hater. :cboy:

Looking for more information isn't hating.. Put your feelings away.
Or have an open mind. That would be easier for you.

That's funny as He!! coming from you Taurus considering all the unwarranted attacks you've made on CG8's cattle especially in light of the bunch you run.

It was a joke Dexter, lighten up.

TennesseeTuxedo":20meys4i said:
Muddy":20meys4i said:
Supa Dexta":20meys4i said:
Looking for more information isn't hating.. Put your feelings away.
Or have an open mind. That would be easier for you.

That's funny as He!! coming from you Taurus considering all the unwarranted attacks you've made on CG8's cattle especially in light of the bunch you run.

It was a joke Dexter, lighten up.
TT, I did remembered that you did attacked CG8 as well. But.....it was mostly her attitude and her ignorance, not her cattle.

TennesseeTuxedo":7bixvy61 said:
You are correct Taurus, I had issues with her attitude. Compared to some folks she has terrific cattle.
That's a debatable subject. She do has some nice cattle.

Latest posts