Debate...

Help Support CattleToday:

We are a couple hours or so south of Cincinnati, so maybe that's a regional thing with the noodles. I've never had any of the actual Cincinnati chili, but my understanding is that it has cinnamon in it, which I would not like. My guess is that noodles, beans, tomatoes etc were added to stretch out the meal.
My wife from OK, had never heard of putting noodles in chili, and doesn't. She serves it with Fritos. She does put beans in it. We eat it for a two or three meals, then to finish it off she will serve it like nachos.
When we were a part of the local farmers market, they had a chili cook off. The first year, my wife participated she made it pretty spicy, which a lot of folks around here don't like. The next year she toned it down just for the event and added white beans. She won it.

Last edited:
My mother used to make chili with spaghetti noodles. My wife doesn't put noodles in hers, but does put beans, kidney, navy, and black beans with the hamburger, along with some jalapeños and cayenne peppers. She tops her's with cheese and sour cream.

Hit it with a little onion and mustard...maybe some relish on the 2rd day. 👌🏾😋

I would call it vegetable soup!

I'm not ear vegetables soup called chili thats weird. 😆🤡
I'm not over here talking about putting carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, butternut squash, potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini or yellow squash, chopped kale or collard greens or chard or spinach yada yada yada.

I'm talking about some...

Magical mushrooms the good kind like Alice and wonderland has. 🤣🤡 (I'm lying about that I don't eat mushrooms anymore thanks to yall telling me about the maggots)
Beans
diced tomatoes
celery
Roasted corn

Fine may sound a little like soup!!! If you add enough chili power, peppers, and seasoning it will melt the chrome off the bumper of a Ford. That's not soup!!

Beans are legumes. good grief.....
Just like peas, beans are a member of the legume family — they're seeds that come in pods, and that makes them fruit.
Anything that grows on a plant and is the means by which that plant gets its seeds out into the world is a fruit. "Merriam-Webster"

Good grief......we learned that in Freshman Ag.

Last edited:
Shell, This is not in response to what is written above and I would not ask you to respond
on this forum. I am compelled to ask if you have ever had a severe frontal blow to your
face, nose or jaw? ( I should add that you are aware of or have been told about by a
family member or medical personnel) [I realize I will catch hell for this but I am of the
opinion there may be cause for diagnosis.] I wish you well,, ,LVR
WTH was that about? Totally uncalled for!

Last edited:
Shell, This is not in response to what is written above and I would not ask you to respond
on this forum. I am compelled to ask if you have ever had a severe frontal blow to your
face, nose or jaw? ( I should add that you are aware of or have been told about by a
family member or medical personnel) [I realize I will catch hell for this but I am of the
Those who live in glass houses...

Maybe I've said something that ticked you off,(definitely wasn't intentional) my silly sarcasm gets under your skin, whatever it is your entitled to your opinions. I'm still going to be me. I'm sure your not the first, nor the last person I've ever made mad. Sorry, if I have offended you in some way.

Maybe I've said something that ticked you off,(definitely wasn't intentional) my silly sarcasm gets under your skin, whatever it is your entitled to your opinions. I'm still going to be me. I'm sure your not the first, nor the last person I've ever made mad. Sorry, if I have offended you in some way.
Don't mind him....he's just high

250405685_4487378608050255_91302882016962864_n.jpg

A solid Ford truck to eat chili in with or without beans.

Latest posts