Debate...

Help Support CattleToday:

Beans don't belong in chili. When you start adding vegetables it isn't chili; it's soup.

I make chili with beans and a little vegetables...no meats... what's that? I call it vegetarian chili. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Do you like noodles in your no bean chili?

Funny I used to hate beans in my chili.

Back in my single days I came up with a 1 pot recipe so I wouldn't have to do dishes and could eat for a few days
1) put one really large pot on the stove and brown your hamburger & sausage and fresh jalapenos in this same pot - don't worry about draining the grease.
2) Once the meat is ready dump in whatever beans you want. Beans are filler by the way.
3) Add stewed tomatoes, same quantity as the beans.
4) Can of hot Rotel and hot McCormick's chili mix

Ready to eat in 30 minutes. Just put the pot back i the fridge when your done. You've only dirtied one dish.

My mother used to make chili with spaghetti noodles. My wife doesn't put noodles in hers, but does put beans, kidney, navy, and black beans with the hamburger, along with some jalapeños and cayenne peppers. She tops her's with cheese and sour cream.

I've got another one. If you cook meat outside, with the fire in a firebox off to the side, don't call it barbecue. It's smoked meat. Barbecue has the charcoal directly under the meat.

I've got another one. If you cook meat outside, with the fire in a firebox off to the side, don't call it barbecue. It's smoked meat. Barbecue has the charcoal directly under the meat.
You where right on the chili but dead wrong about BBQ... unbelievable.
Bbq is slow cooking over indirect heat.
Smoking is just that.
Meat placed right over the coals is grilling...at least in the Texas part of Texas...now you know.

My mother used to make chili with spaghetti noodles. My wife doesn't put noodles in hers, but does put beans, kidney, navy, and black beans with the hamburger, along with some jalapeños and cayenne peppers. She tops her's with cheese and sour cream.
I am not even from Texas and i know thats not chili!

You are a communist too
Do I have to explain everything to you rubes?

LVR said "Would someone else agree that chili uses chunked beef instead of hamburger so I don't have to agree with ssttxxx?"

What I'm saying is I'd eat chicken chili with CHILI beans before I'd want to be caught agreeing the ssttxxx on anything!

Beans don't belong in chili. When you start adding vegetables it isn't chili; it's soup.

What about tomatoes juice .... thats a vegetables?

That is called Meow Mix
Think I would choose eating chili in a Chevrolet for $1000, Pat. It used to be Pat but I do not know who the host is anymore.

I'd eat chili with no meat in a Chevy for $1,000. I'd do it for free. 😝 Unless it had them silly off set wheels.

We should a a chili contest.... ya'll pay me a fee to enter. I'll have some judges and we just see who's a chicken, beef, chuck bean, no bean, noodle, vegetables chili winner. 😁 I'll collect all the money and buy a big chevy donk. 😁🤑🤣🤡🤣😂😅🤡🤡🤡🤡

I don't have a chili recipe, but I never ate chili in my life that didn't contain meat or some beans. What I don't like in chili is noodles. I never heard of noodles in chili until I was a teen, and I never cared for it.

I always thought church's add noodles for it to be more chili in a cheaper way. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Really the only places I've ever saw chili with noodle.
No wait there is a drive in that does a Chili
Fiesta Pie.... it has noodles, fritos, chili... I looked for a picture don't see one. It's different. Not like regular chili but when I ate meat it was good 💩

Latest posts