DDG Price

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":snbkvmml said:
Priced some earlier this week delivered to Texas....$205...about choked.

Well they priced it to me at $240 I'm an hour south of OKC
Found some in pellets for $210 I didn't even know they made it in pellets,still 30 bucks cheaper than 20's
Thanks for posting the site Jed

Well it looks like grain limited down today in the markets (down 30 dollars across the board which is as far as they will let them drop in one day).... it looks like traders are just having fun at our expense. They just need to put some more of us farmers out of business and then see who is going to feed them...

ddg1263":jo4ev7kj said:
Well it looks like grain limited down today in the markets (down 30 dollars across the board which is as far as they will let them drop in one day).... it looks like traders are just having fun at our expense. They just need to put some more of us farmers out of business and then see who is going to feed them...
$.30 not $30.00

No I mean 30.. here is an article on todays trading

CHICAGO, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Grain futures were lower at the close Friday on the Chicago Board of Trade, pressured by heavy fund selling sparked by speculation on Chinese interest rates.

Corn was off 30, soybeans were off 67 1/4 to off 70, wheat was off 34 1/2 to off 38 1/2 and oats were off 19.

Heavy selling by funds had corn exploring lows and going limit down late in the day. Corn also was pressured by reports of China negotiating with Argentina and a lower dollar, with traders ignoring reports of dry conditions in Argentina and export sales for the week slightly higher than expectations.

Selling across the soybean complex was blamed on speculation China would raise interest rates to slow economic growth and lower-than-expected exports for the week.

Pressure from corn, soybeans and cotton sent wheat lower, with March down nearly 41 cents at one point, but contracts managed to stage a partial recovery before the close. Improved soil conditions in the Plains also were considered a negative factor.

ddg1263":2w3yxz4n said:
Well it looks like grain limited down today in the markets (down 30 dollars across the board which is as far as they will let them drop in one day).... it looks like traders are just having fun at our expense.
I can see where a trader could have a whole lot o fun at your expense.

Corn is at 5.55 a bushel and the May 11 contract is actually 555 per contract which is 100 bushels. Any way you look at it the market is being manipulated and the article expressly says this….I would refresh the numbers of DDG next week because they cant stay this high forever!

ddg1263":12nfvat9 said:
Corn is at 5.55 a bushel and the May 11 contract is actually 555 per contract which is 100 bushels. Any way you look at it the market is being manipulated and the article expressly says this….I would refresh the numbers of DDG next week because they cant stay this high forever!
All "futures" are manipulated by investors who never take delivery on any product. They simply buy a position and sell it often never even having to fund it. When you see the market go down like yesterday you know there is a lot of profit taking going on. They you'll see them buy back indriving the market up. A lot of other factors also figure into the final price tho. Acreage, bushels per acre, prior year carryover,exports , etc. A corn contract is 5000 bushels. The board probably was $5.55 ( I didn't see it yesterday) but you could buy a contract for around $5.05 per bushel ($.50 under he board) but cash price delivered to me right now would be somewhere around $6.30-$6.40 per bushel. That would be for corn with less than 20 ppb aflatoxin.

TexasBred":3mxmeg6w said:
bannedagain":3mxmeg6w said:
Wow.

What was the name of that fella that could plow 60 acres in 4 minutes.
roflmao...can't remember the name but remember the statement.
he was the same one who could plant 40 acres in 10 minutes with a 4 row planter :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think he has retired and is the rowcrop farmers hall of fame
all he does is tour the country and tell everyone how they are doing it wrong

He also ran several thousand head of cows and fed multiples of 10,000 head of feeders every month

Angus Cowman":2fm6ce5h said:
TexasBred":2fm6ce5h said:
bannedagain":2fm6ce5h said:
Wow.

What was the name of that fella that could plow 60 acres in 4 minutes.
roflmao...can't remember the name but remember the statement.
he was the same one who could plant 40 acres in 10 minutes with a 4 row planter :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think he has retired and is the rowcrop farmers hall of fame
all he does is tour the country and tell everyone how they are doing it wrong

He also ran several thousand head of cows and fed multiples of 10,000 head of feeders every month
hmmmmm...poor man probably worked himself to death. :lol2:

Latest posts