Price for bred heifers?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bighead

Reaction score
I've been mentoring this farmer to learn the ropes. Since the sales are shutdown he has a few bred heifers to move. Is 2k for two bred heifers a good deal or is my mentor trying to get one on me?

Not enough info to determine. Top quality are easily worth that. If he has been selling at the sale barn, they are probably over priced. Where are you at, what breed they are, what are they bred to, their weight and age, these and plenty more are determining factors.

This is like asking if a car is worth $10,000. We will need a lot more information to answer this.

Are we talking registered? Preg checked or exposed? What are they bred to? How far along are they? How are they built?

Two thousand a head could be fair for high quality stock, and could be way to much for junk

:deadhorse: Just based on the info you posted, I would think they are at the higher end of the price range. The reason I say that is because if he has been selling at the sale barn for a while and doesn't have enough return costumers to sell direct; they are probably not meeting buyers expectations.

PB Registered Angus heifers were selling at production sales for $2,000 all spring in the upper midwest.

As others have said though, need much more information to provide a solid answer.

Is that $2,000 for the 2 heifers which equals $1,000 each. Or $2,000 apiece for 2 head. Huge difference there. At $1,000 they are probably worth it depending on the heifers. At $2,000 they better be ripper and you better be in an area with a darn good market for bred heifers.

Is that $2,000 for the 2 heifers which equals $1,000 each. Or $2,000 apiece for 2 head. Huge difference there. At $1,000 they are probably worth it depending on the heifers. At $2,000 they better be ripper and you better be in an area with a darn good market for bred heifers.

I dunno, but if they are supposed to be helping you, you should already know if they are offering you a great deal that you could not get elsewhere yourself.....

Prolly have to nut it out a bit more, or get all the info and some picks to get frank advice on yay or nay....

Latest posts