Used S04 Price

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":1tvvr9hr said:
True Grit Farms":1tvvr9hr said:
C-Ranch":1tvvr9hr said:
I agree, Arrow is the best manual chute out there IMO. Started with an old Powder River and replaced it with a new self catching Tarter chute. After two years it was junk, self catch stopped catching, worried we were going to hurt someone or an animal, so we tore it out. Then we debated between an Arrow and a Sioux Steele/Real Tuff system. Not being able to actually see an Arrow other than online, and a local dealer had a SS that's the direction we went. Now the SS is a heavy chute and compared to Tarter it was a Cadillac. However there were a few small things we didn't like and one day I ran across an Arrow chute that I could touch and feel. It's built tuff like the SS but has a better squeeze system and I like the rear door better than SS pull string door. All around a better chute IMO. Needless to say a year later we sold our SS chute and put in an Arrow and have no doubt it will last the test of time. Yes they are more spendy then a Preifert but if your going to ever work bulls or have bigger cattle the extra $$ is worth ever penny in the long run. Just wish we had been able to see an Arrow from the very beginning, sure would have saved a lot of headaches.

Priefert sure sells a lot of chutes I see them everywhere, except on the big operations.

Not many big operations on this board. I wonder what they use?

There are a couple Prieferts in my area and those that have them seem to like them, but I would dare say Powder River is probably king due to most of the dealers around here really push them.

As for the big cattle movers a couple guys I know have hydraulic Silencer chutes and one has a Hydraulic Powder River. To much $$$ for my little operation.

C-Ranch":36q8dg9r said:
As for the big cattle movers a couple guys I know have hydraulic Silencer chutes and one has a Hydraulic Powder River. To much $$$ for my little operation.
The hydraulic silencers are what the bigger folks use around here too. Used to be a lot of formost but those have pretty much thinned out to either WW or Priefert

i'm looking to get a silencer and turret gate system.

greatgerts":2roffpb0 said:
jedstivers":2roffpb0 said:
ddd75":2roffpb0 said:
i'm looking to get a silencer and turret gate system.
I need one of those bad.

Are you sure a hobby guy like yourself could justify that? :lol:
Well prol not. I better leave that to the full time pros.
I might just ought to keep running the few head I run through a old head catch that was made in the 50's or 60's that I welded to cheap made squeeze chute.

Latest posts