Day in the life of me (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Ya floyd when we saddled the horses this morning it was about 28 and snowing on us pretty good,by the time we got out to were we started searching the canyons for the neighbors missing cows around 7am it was just foggy and colder than a tin toilet seat on the shady side of a iceberg.

We used the original concrete pillars about 3-4ft in the ground then bolted and welded guardrail to them. Works really slick we use these corrals for every thing,and we have a set of shipping corrals were in the process of revamping.

Thanks their work well

Here's me and a buddy swimming the John Day River going after cattle that swam it
SwimingJohnDayRiver.jpg

Here's the shot of our working corrals from the hill
100_0482.jpg

100_0483.jpg

Great pics!!
Love your saying "When they lay me down to rest put my spurs and rope upon my chest,get my friends to carry me,then go turn my horses free......"
So how do you come across guard rails??? got a county connection?

Not many cords when you have a portable generator

What you don't see in the photos to is we rope the calves out of the cows,meaning we don't sort off the cows. We don't use the chutes because there a death trap,people get hurt calves get banged around more than I like,when we rope we can lay a calf down nice n quiet brand,castrate,vaccinate,and get the calf back to its mom in 20mins. By roping out of the cows it takes the stress of the day down from 100% to 50% because the calves can go back to their mom right then,sick calves from stressing on top of being worked is almost not there.

ThreeCrossBuckaroo":2ojnzdys said:
Not many cords when you have a portable generator

What you don't see in the photos to is we rope the calves out of the cows,meaning we don't sort off the cows. We don't use the chutes because there a death trap,people get hurt calves get banged around more than I like,when we rope we can lay a calf down nice n quiet brand,castrate,vaccinate,and get the calf back to its mom in 20mins. By roping out of the cows it takes the stress of the day down from 100% to 50% because the calves can go back to their mom right then,sick calves from stressing on top of being worked is almost not there.

I hope you meant get them back to their mommas in 2 minutes. If it's takin 20 then you really need to try a chute.

FWIW we use a calf table and it doesn't take more than a few minutes per calf

What are the pick-up trucks and water coolers for??? Real cowboys only need horses fpr transportation and drink out of the water trough :lol: :mrgreen: :cowboy:

Seriously....very nice pictures. Keep them coming!

I'm kinda strapped in one place. I enjoy seeing pictures from around the country. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts