Day Length

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you sure @Dave ? Today is supposed to be the first day of winter... comes at something like 10 p.m..... so starting tomorrow it should be at least 1 second longer... by the 31st, sunset here is supposed to gain something like 10 minutes.... Sometimes I don't think they know what is what anymore.

Well the sun is close to overhead here. It has been a problem for my solar panels which are fixed on a rack to optimize the winter sun so at the moment the sun does not get much time in front of the panels before it gets behind them and with cloud rolling in regularly I'm having to start my generator a lot to get my batteries fully charged.

Ken

Well the sun is close to overhead here. It has been a problem for my solar panels which are fixed on a rack to optimize the winter sun so at the moment the sun does not get much time in front of the panels before it gets behind them and with cloud rolling in regularly I'm having to start my generator a lot to get my batteries fully charged.

Ken
Do you live off grid?

Do you live off grid?
Yep, been about 18 years now, started with lead acid batteries but have lithium iron now for about 5 years, they are a game changer. I don't have big storage about 24 hrs but I don't have any hangups about starting the diesel generator when needed to put a full charge in the batteries. I like the fact that if I lose power I am the one to deal with it.

Ken

My cousin lived out in Nevada USA and he lived off the grid for about 30 + years.
Delivered all of his own children and his wife homeschooled them. They grew all their own food.
He was very successful in living off the grid so much so that Architectural Digest came out and interviewed him and wrote an article, can't remember what year that was.
Just a side note; as soon as every one of his kids turned 18 they shot out of there like a rocket 🤣🤣

Yep, been about 18 years now, started with lead acid batteries but have lithium iron now for about 5 years, they are a game changer. I don't have big storage about 24 hrs but I don't have any hangups about starting the diesel generator when needed to put a full charge in the batteries. I like the fact that if I lose power I am the one to deal with it.

Ken
Same here Ken other than our lithium batteries are only at about 10 months now.

Latest posts