Daughter Rolled Ranger 8/29

Help Support CattleToday:

Our internet was down and figured out it was the main box where the internet comes in through the satelite. Show have high speed cable internet in a couple years. Have a router now though.
Got the DVD player going so she has movies to watch. Still gets tired quickly though.

Her bed is low enough she can get herself out of bed with no help.

There is a therapist in town. Not sure what the order is right now, I take her back on the 11th and the 12th for 2 different doctor appointments.
Got a call from her former therapist and she said that if we have any questions or concerns to go ahead and call her and she will help us out.

Moved Simon, the cat, up there too and daughter is pretty happy to have him up there. He is a bit scared but is settling in nicely.

Figured with her laid up it would give us a chance to go through all of her clothes and get rid of the stuff that no longer fits her.

so glad yall got her settled in the new house.we had a friend that fell out of a truck and broke her hip.they put pins in it yesterday and sent her home today.

Got her into the shower yesterday. She is a real trooper! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brought down my grandparents old metal table so she has a work space for homework.

Keep telling her to take it easy and do not push her healing.

Waiting to hear from the school concerning the Home Bound. Superintendent was out sick on Friday. All of her class mates have sent her get well cards and several have offered to be her helper so she can get to class.

Well the ball got dropped again! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just got a call to tell me that she was not going to get a wheel chair for school because the physical therapist did not fill out all the paperwork. The place supplying the wheel chair had not even been told the hospital had discharged her. Just glad I had that set of crutches or who knows where we would be right now!

Got cleared to go back to school. Got her a wheel chair so she can get around.
The one doctor said she might need it for at least 3 months.

So I will be driving her into school every morning then bringing her home every afternoon. My boss's said that that is ok. I will be working while she is in school.

I think it is this coming week when her class goes on the Missouri River canoe trip. Doctor's said she could not go due to the fracture's. Hopefully they will let her go next year. At least this should help her get caught up on her school work.

Had a set back last night.
Daughter got in my bed and was doing her history homework. When it came to going to bed she asked to sleep in my bed and I take her's. I should have said no. :( :( :( :(
Around midnight I heard this loud sound that woke me up. Looked around and I could hear daughter making soft sounds asked her if she was ok.
No she fell out of bed!
It is pitch black down in this room, but I got her up and into her bed; turned the lights on; and got her some of the heavy duty pain meds we had left.

Really sore this morning.

Told her she is NOT sleeping in that bed again!

Ouch, I can only imagine how that felt.. I've fallen out of bed before, and I've been in bad shape as well, but I haven't done both

Daughter went back to school today. Was tired, but had a good day.
Need to talk to the school tomorrow. Her locker is at one end of the school and her classes are at the other end. Going to ask if there is an empty locker somewhere in between.
Her class left today for a 4 day 3 night canoe trip. 3 others plus daughter stayed behind. One boy due to a back injury and the other 2 due to their parents saying no to their going.

teachers are helping her catch up on her school work, so I told her to use these 4 days to get caught up.

School got her an empty locker at the other end of the school. So she can leave her books for those classes at that end of school.
Been moving her bedroom set into her room.

Had trouble sleeping last night. Kept hearing her moan in her sleep. Hope she has a better night tonight.

First morning she has gotten up and not been in pain!
One of her classmates accidently ran her into the wall as he was pushing her. the rest of her classmates have been very careful with her and very supportive.

Came to school yesterday and found the sophmore class had accidently papered over her locker. Talked to the office and they fixed it.
Mentioned to the super that we need a handicap door for not only her but also anyone else that might come after her. Going to bring it up in front of the school board.

Had a follow up today with the general surgeon. Said everything looks great and if it has not fully healed within a month to bring her back.

Took a shower without the shower chair too.

Follow up with the ortho doc today.
All the pelvis fractures have new bone growth holding them all together. So she can now walk without the crutches or the wheel chair. Still needs the knee brace for the ACL. Her knee is still pretty loose and she will have to wear a brace. He said when she turns 15 or 16 we should look into getting that tear repaired. She should be over her growth by then.

That was one super happy kid today! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I bet she was happy... I was really happy too when the doc told me I didn't need crutches anymore..

However, my bad leg would refuse to go to work after I sat down.. it didn't matter if it was for 10 seconds or 10 minutes, I'd have to get up on my good leg, and test my bad one for a while until it 'remembered' it had a job to do.

Happy to read the good news. I know she is very happy! Hope things continue to go well for her.

UPDATE!

Things have been going pretty good. Did have a bed sore develop but got that taken care of. She did not want to tell me about it but it started bleeding so I found out. Getting smaller every day.
Took her to my ortho surgeon. He checked her knee and x-rays. Looked at her growth plates and said she could have the ACL surgery sooner then the other doc said. She is going in February 6th for the surgery. He explained to her everything he was going to do and how long she is going to be on crutches. Wanted to know if we wanted to wait til this summer. I asked her and she said no because of having her steer and heifer she is going to show in August. The look on the doc's face was great! Especially when I told her no pulling calves this year! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts