Daughter Rolled Ranger 8/29

Help Support CattleToday:

Like the others, I am glad that she survived and have prayed for her, for you and the rest your family. Hopefully she will recover quickly!
Ron

Thank you everyone.

Had more physical therapy today and walked some more until she started to feel sick then got back into bed.

Members of her 4-H club have shown up and friends and neighbors have been stopping by to see how she is and that has cheered her up.

Still no idea of when she gets to go home and hubby is not happy that I have pointed out there is no way for her to get into the bathroom of our old house. Still some discussion there. It is too narrow to fit a walker. Will just wait and see.

We are so grateful for the prayers and concerns everyone has shown and I really want everyone to know how much that it all means to us.
Cris

Was able to walk to the nurses station this morning and back to her room. The physical therapist was her former therapist. Was glad to see her and after talking to the occupational therapist it sounds like she will not be released from here unless we have her room in the new house done. Our old bathroom will not work for her.

Poor kid is tired out. Took out the IV and she got to take a shower today too.
Can tell when her pain has gotten bad her lips turn white. She will deny the pain but cannot fool Mom.

A parents nightmare! Prayers are with you and your family!

Alan :tiphat:

Alan, you got that right. My daughter just turned 16 this year and is driving.
Cris, I'm glad she's making great progress. Best of luck to you all.

Sounds like she is doing well for those injuries. Don't push too fast. Infection can get in there easily. My son was hit by a motorcycle while he was sitting on his bike. 43 days in the hospital and over a year of infection fighting. ORMC doctors did a great job because he still has his leg. I could never imagine actually being there as a paramedic and a parent.

Cousin's wife is coming tomorrow to be with her while I run home to try to get as much done there on her room as possible to make it ready for her. Going to be crazy.
Going to see if I can get a hold of my friend who did the tile and have him lay the foam board and plywood down on her floor.

Well, it's good to hear she's up and walking, despite it's certainly not all that enjoyable to do at this point.

Hope she keeps getting better, and you get her room done so she can be home

It must have been like a nightmare for you arriving at the accident Cris. Best wishes and prayers sent to you all.

Daughter got discharged this early evening.
Had the MRI this morning and found she had partcile tear in her ACL and a small fracture at the top of her tibulia.
I did almost punch the OT person today. She was showing daughter how to use a shower chair and pulled on her leg and twisted her hips. Daughters lips turned white and I told the OT we were done! :mad:

Some confusion with the communication. It sure seemed like the ball on the information I needed got dropped.

Hubby got her bed and one for me set up in the craft room in the new house. So much easier for her to get around.

heading up there now will not be on much unless I am down here cooking meals. No internet!

Need a good wireless router to get the internet up there.. Bet she'd like that in the shape shes in! Good for her to be home, The reason I do my darnedest to work safely is that blasted hospital food!

I hope she feels better soon . My son flipped my rhino when he was 4 . His older brother talked him into getting in it . We spent 4 days in houston waiting on him to wake up . Thankfully no permanent brain injuries . Those broken pelvis's can take a while to heal . My wife broke hers a year ago in a car wreck and still hasn't fully recovered . Prayers for a fast recovery .

Is therapist coming to work with her at home?
A good therapist can work miracles. A poor one is less than worthless.
Of course therapy hinges on the willingness of the patient. Sounds likes she is a trooper.
Take care of yourself. Caregivers need to care for themselves too.

Ryder":23znii3m said:
Is therapist coming to work with her at home?
A good therapist can work miracles. A poor one is less than worthless.
Of course therapy hinges on the willingness of the patient.

You've got that right Ryder! I've been fortunate, the couple of PT's that I've had were wonderful!

ILH, patience is key. Don't let her overdo it. Fortunately she has youth on her side, and she should heal well.

Nesi is right, get Internet up there, it will do both of you some good.

Latest posts