Datsun 720 4x4 flatbed A/C hose locate problem

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for the high side hose for the A/C compressor . Cannot find one or someone to rebuild the one I have , any advice appreciated . Don't know where else to look ? All parts stores , ebay , nissan/datsun , internet .. no luck . Just replaced Compressor , drier , and expansion valve

Do you have the old one? If you do just weld the ends on to a new hose. I have a single wire hydraulic hose for a ac line on my tractor, works good and half 5 he price of a JD hose. How about JC Whitney they have a lot of oddball stuff.

Do a search for air conditioner repair on Google and you'll come up with a bunch of options and all the parts to build one yourself. Autozone online is what I've used and they have 5 pages of air conditioner repair parts. I've used their hose and fittings to build powersteering lines. If no Autozone near you, they'll ship right to your house.

You used to be able to buy the fittings with hose barbs and make your own hoses. Pretty darn difficult to make up but it's possible and I've had good luck with the assembly.

I had an '83 model 720. I used it like a 4 wheeler for a long time. I probably should have never gotten rid of it. Seems like I finally abandoned the project because parts were getting hard to find. That was somewhere in the early 2000's. Anyway, I think we've got a place here that makes airconditioner hoses. I was in there yesterday. Would you like for me to get his opinion?

Find a reputable industrial hose distributor. We used to make up hoses with the old ends all the time. I don't think you want to use barbed fittings or push-on fittings on the high side.

bbirder":5ihmtq2v said:
Find a reputable industrial hose distributor. We used to make up hoses with the old ends all the time. I don't think you want to use barbed fittings or push-on fittings on the high side.

Used them for years with no problems. Use two clamps on all A/C fittings

Yes Bigfoot pls do , the specialty places I've checked local all have said if it was standard hose it would be no problem but they can't do metric

I'm only useful for packing block, and pulling nails out of 2 x 4's. Are there any specifics I should ask, besides can he make metric?

Bigfoot thanks but I called the Compressor tech from the link lavacarancher sent and mailing mine out in the morning , Thanks again to everyone

No problem. I loved my little Datsun. Kicked myself many times for selling it. Ran it in the pasture 99% of the time. It had plates and insurance if you really needed to go to town. It was hard on the ground in the winter, so I got a 4 wheeler.

Latest posts