Dangerous Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Northern Rancher":2hqaskom said:
From one alley rat to another Randi I'm sure it's the salebarn staff who cause every snot slinging alley cleaner that gets unloaded. I wonder why the several thousand other cattle a person sorts in at the yards isn't like that. You can blow smoke up each others butts and blame the phase of the moon, the yard guys pony or whatever but the majority of unmanageable behavior in cattle is genetic. Be intersting to see the bloodline of those bad black bulls but I bet I can guess it.

Yep, I know all the staff wants is 3000 head of worked up cattle, makes things flow so much better, they sort better that way too, when they are zipping down the alley blowing snot on everyone they pass.

One thing about an all class sale, we just don't get to see those papers, sure would be nice, I'd know what cattle to avoid for sure in the future ;-) . Wish some of the purebred guys'd cull a little harder on temperament, it'd make life a lot easier for a lot of people down the road. But, ah well, she raises the biggest bull calf every year, who cares if you can't get in the pen with her......

Something i have noticed over the years.I know people who are 60 years old and have been around cattle all their life.And still dont know how to act around cattle.25 yrs or 60.city kids or farm hands.Some of them still have no clue how to work around cattle.

Interesting pics.

Maybe because it is warmer here? The sales I have been to, the cattle are not taken to a ring.

They are in yards, not as many as in your pics. 10 would be about the most. or 1 the least, depending on how many the seller has to sell.

Then the auctioneer stands on boards above the yards. People go from yard to yard and the cattle are auctioned where they are without being moved.

that looks to be a well operated outfit with plenty of good hands,,, but true enough around here young inexperianced kids work minimum wage got no clue how to handle cattle..... that dont help even the most docile animal

Latest posts