Dairyway for my 10 day old Holstein

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
I just ordered some Dairyway milk replacer. Should I use a different one? I thought Dairyway was a quality product? Any opinions out there, should I cancel my order? I cannot find a Purina dealer.

It's made by Nutena, epuable company with good products. I don;t know if they have mulltiple types of replacer, but if i is a minimum of 20% fa and 20% proein and is made entirely of milk and milk products, why chnage?

Lance, i switched Cornbread and TaterSalad over to Dairyway mostly because it was more convenient than going to get the other kind i was using but also b/c it was only 25 dollars whereas the "good stuff" went up to $45 a bag. the feed tags were nearly identical both were 20-22% fat and protein. i fed them more than recommended and they seemed to do well on it. they look a little bottlefed but better than others ive raised in the past. i dont attribute this to the type of milk replacer though, its due to feeding them more.

lancemart":10zh58za said:
I just ordered some Dairyway milk replacer. Should I use a different one? I thought Dairyway was a quality product? Any opinions out there, should I cancel my order? I cannot find a Purina dealer.

You just want something with at least 20% fat content and 20% protein. I imagine they are all about the same. The MFA brand of 22-20 works good also. I bought a bag here last week for $67 to get me thru this hot weather where the whole milk spoils in hours, after the heat is gone its back to whole milk, way too expensive.

GMn

Latest posts