Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees about an urgent problem with one of the main computers. He dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper, "Hello?"

Feeling put out at the inconvenience of having to talk to a youngster the boss asked, "Is your Daddy home?"

"Yes", whispered the small voice.

"May I talk with him?" the man asked. To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No."

Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?"

"Yes", came the answer.

"May I talk with her?" Again the small voice whispered, "no".

Knowing that it was not likely that a young child would be left home alone, the boss decided he would just leave a message with the person who should be there watching over the child. "Is there anyone there besides you?" the boss asked the child.

"Yes" whispered the child, "A policeman".

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman"?

"No, he's busy", whispered the child.

"Busy doing what? asked the boss.

"Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman", came the whispered answer.

Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the earpiece on the phone the boss asked, "What is that noise?"

"A hello-copper", answered the whispering voice. "What is going on there?", asked the boss, now alarmed. In an awed whispering voice the child answered, "The search team just landed the hello-copper"

Alarmed, concerned, and more than just a little frustrated the boss asked, "Why are they there"?

Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled giggle:

"They're looking for me".

Figured this was as good a place to put this as anywhere.......

My wife hates dolls. Says they follow you around with their eyes even if their eyes never move.. I bought one at Goodwill back in Sept for one thin dollah..
She was not happy and even less so as I've been moving it around the house when she wasn't looking. She was napping on the sofa one day and I sat the doll on the coffee table looking right at her. Sat it once, on the edge of the bathtub just barely hidden by the shower curtain but she would see it as soon as she sat down on the toilet. Put it in the back seat of her car and even fastened the seat belt but she would see it's head in her rear view mirror after she got down the road. Once (and ONLY once) after I got up early and she was still asleep, I put it in the bed with her, with it's head on the pillow on the side she has to get up out of bed on, and pulled the covers up all except the doll's head. (I heard it when it hit the window when she woke up and chunked it across the bedroom)
So today, while Jane was in town till right after dark, I did the halloween decorating around the front door and she had to come past it to get in the front door....

KIMG0207[864].jpg

(We probably had 75 kids come by for trick or treat, which was something new for us, having lived out in the middle of nowhere for the last 20 years)

Figured this was as good a place to put this as anywhere.......

My wife hates dolls. Says they follow you around with their eyes even if their eyes never move.. I bought one at Goodwill back in Sept for one thin dollah..
She was not happy and even less so as I've been moving it around the house when she wasn't looking. She was napping on the sofa one day and I sat the doll on the coffee table looking right at her. Sat it once, on the edge of the bathtub just barely hidden by the shower curtain but she would see it as soon as she sat down on the toilet. Put it in the back seat of her car and even fastened the seat belt but she would see it's head in her rear view mirror after she got down the road. Once (and ONLY once) after I got up early and she was still asleep, I put it in the bed with her, with it's head on the pillow on the side she has to get up out of bed on, and pulled the covers up all except the doll's head. (I heard it when it hit the window when she woke up and chunked it across the bedroom)
So today, while Jane was in town till right after dark, I did the halloween decorating around the front door and she had to come past it to get in the front door....

View attachment 22648

(We probably had 75 kids come by for trick or treat, which was something new for us, having lived out in the middle of nowhere for the last 20 years)
You are definitely living on the edge!

Latest posts