Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

A little history lesson for y'all!

Most people don't know this, but back in 1912, Hellman's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England.

In fact, the I'll fated ship, Titanic, was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment which was scheduled for delivery to Vera Cruz, Mexico.
Vera Cruz was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This shipment would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.

As everyone knows, the great ship Titanic did not make it to New York. The ship struck an iceberg and sank in the North Atlantic.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and who were eagerly awaiting the shipment, were disconsolate at the great loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning.

This National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known as Sinko De Mayo.

A little history lesson for y'all!

Most people don't know this, but back in 1912, Hellman's Mayonnaise was manufactured in England.

In fact, the I'll fated ship, Titanic, was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment which was scheduled for delivery to Vera Cruz, Mexico.
Vera Cruz was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This shipment would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.

As everyone knows, the great ship Titanic did not make it to New York. The ship struck an iceberg and sank in the North Atlantic.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and who were eagerly awaiting the shipment, were disconsolate at the great loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning.

This National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known as Sinko De Mayo.
Where is the hide under the chair icon???? Have to laugh though...

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of Buffalo, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 120 years. They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Wheeling WV archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Woodsdale. Shortly after, a story in the The Intelligencer read, "WV archaeologists, reporting a finding of 200 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.

One week later, a local newspaper in Barton Ohio reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Hell's Kitchen, Pete Riley, a hell of an engineer and a self-taught archaeologist and gynecologist reported that he found absolutely nothing. Riley has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Ohio had already gone wireless."

Was it Laverne or Shirley that liked Pepsi with her milk?
Not sure. But I had a friend got me started on Coke and milk when we were teenagers. I remember it as being really good. If you like a coke float you'll like coke and milk. Now, having said that I really have no desire to have another one, even though I know I do like it. It just kinda seems wrong.

Latest posts