Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm in trouble with the spousal unit again.
I don't get it.....
Somewhere in the last 29 years, my wife has lost her sense of humor..
I gently set the big brown spider down next to her as she slept this morning and placed the little black one down on the back of the toilet seat.....
KIMG0421[1191].JPG

KIMG0422[1192].JPG

she called me names.... does that qualify as elder abuse?

Applies to USA too:

Provincial Wage & Hours Department

A man owned a small farm in Saskatchewan.The Saskatchewan
Provincial Wage & Hours Department claimed he was not paying proper
wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.

'I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,'
demanded the agent.

'Well,' replied the farmer, 'there's my farm hand who's been
with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per
week plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day
and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per
week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Rye Whiskey
every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.'

'That's the guy I want to talk to .. the half-wit,' says the
agent.

'That would be me,' replied the farmer.

@Farm Family ... Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you... that's on Monday Oct 9th?... Since the USA Thanksgiving is for the whole Pilgrims on Plymouth Rock and Indians saving them from starving thing... what is the reason for your celebration??? I am not being a smart a$$... seriously wondering....

@Farm Family ... Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you... that's on Monday Oct 9th?... Since the USA Thanksgiving is for the whole Pilgrims on Plymouth Rock and Indians saving them from starving thing... what is the reason for your celebration??? I am not being a smart a$$... seriously wondering....
You are correct Thanksgiving Monday is October 9th this year. It is a "long weekend". Canada's Parliament proclaimed a day for giving thanks for "the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed" in 1879. The date was not set as 2nd weekend in October until 1957 I think.

We have it "earlier" than the US because apparently our harvest season wraps up sooner than the US though most farmers, depending on the year are typically still in the field combining and rounding up cattle…so there is a "rumour" that or thought that the weekend is less about harvest per say and a bit more about tourism and urban living because it typically is one of those last great weather weekends for people to get out and spend money before we are snowed in🤷‍♀️.

We celebrate pretty much the same…turkey, pumpkin pie, a large meal, family and football. The CFL has the CFL Thanksgiving Classic double header. We do not have the Black Friday shopping sprees after Canadian Thanksgiving however globalization has brought Canadians Black Friday sales after American Thanksgiving.😊

Here is a cool learning tidbit from the Canadian Encyclopedia: "It has become common knowledge that the first Thanksgiving in North America was held by Sir Martin Frobisher and his crew in Nunavut in 1578. There are those — mainly Americans upset by the thought of having their holiday co-opted — who argue that it wasn't a "real" Thanksgiving. I would counter that Frobisher had reason to give thanks, and that giving thanks was an important aspect of Elizabethan society, so it would have been a natural thing for him and his men to do."

You can read more about this Thanksgiving story and Martin Frobisher at this link:

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone!🍁🦃🍂

I'm in trouble with the spousal unit again.
I don't get it.....
Somewhere in the last 29 years, my wife has lost her sense of humor..
I gently set the big brown spider down next to her as she slept this morning and placed the little black one down on the back of the toilet seat.....
View attachment 35817

View attachment 35818

she called me names.... does that qualify as elder abuse?
It really is the simple things, and as we grow old, we learn to embrace it.
Next time use a scorpion.

Latest posts