cypress calf pics

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Nothing like this time of year when calves are being born. Thought I'd put up pics of a couple of calves just recently born:

Big Red's calf:

rednrudy.jpg

Black baldy calf:

32andheifer.jpg

Had another bull calf calf this morning, managed to band and tag - but didn't get any good pictures

good looking calves cypress. looks like that aplus bull is markin em with just the right amount of ear. even with that billboard tag on that 2nd one ;-)

ALACOWMAN":53q58pmj said:
good looking calves cypress. looks like that aplus bull is markin em with just the right amount of ear. even with that billboard tag on that 2nd one ;-)

I couldn't be happier with the angus plus bull. His first calves are medium size, and don't have the amount of ear that a true brangus would. So far so good.

Gale Seddon":262uvq9j said:
Both are very nice, but love that 2nd one (and the expression on mom's face!). Did you weigh them?

Nope, one thing that I don't have is a way to weigh calves. I did pick them up, my guess they are both 75-80 pounds, which is about where I would like for heifer calves.

Nice pics Cypress. Something to look forward to. by this time next month I should have a few on the ground here.

Glad to see that bull is working out so far.

Katherine

CF, Nice looking cattle. Your going to have some good doing calves there. The Big red pair would fit right in with my Northern Minnesota herd, well I guess she would need a lot more hair. ;-)