Cull cow and 3 bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
our local livestock has 2 more sales this year. today and next monday and will be closed till January. I had 3 bull calves that are 400 to 500lbs and a cow that has not calved this year and not bred back. Todays sale in years past has been huge they told me yesterday that they should have somewhere between 1200 and 1500 head today. last week 800 head. We shall see how they do.

Good luck. I hauled in 2 killers for a friend yesterday and was told our local salebarn is having a pre-vac sale and is expecting 3,500. They normally average around 1,000. One crazy cow bent the he77 out of the rear gate, no good deed goes unpunished, ha ha.

Next week will be a good week for slaughter cows and bulls. They will be trying to buy a few extra because of the holidays and closed markets the following week.

Not trying to hijack, but I sold a cow last week and prices were good here. Cow was a 5 year old, red motley face. My last bull had gone bad and then I went without a bull, so she missed one season and was only in the 2nd period bred to a black Angus bull. She probably weighed 1200 pounds or so. (I can't guess weights very well.) She sold with the replacements and their prices were up and she cleared $1010.90. She is a good cow, so I hated to sell her, but I was in a spot where something had to go. I was tickled with the price I got for her.

Latest posts