creep feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Jedstivers, I meant to tell you thanks for the links. Some good info in there. Just to update, Im going tomorrow to look at a used feeder along with some other things a friend is selling. He sold his herd last spring, and has a few things Im interested in. Among them is a creep feeder that he says needs some repair. How much is the question that will be answered tomorrow:how much repair,and how much money. Also going to be looking at a squeeze chute, and definately picking up some guard rails like you see on a highway. Hopefully the pieces of a future catch pen. I will let you all know what happens,and maybe my wife can put some pictures up, but I cant promise that one. If I do get the creep feeder I think I have decided to use whole oats in it for a while. I have probably 1000lb that I cleaned to plant with last summer when I cut oats. The rain has made winter planting impossible here so, I will use that up first I guess

OK, to update on the trip. It was a very nice, productive visit. Aside from missing a little bit of a football game or two, I had a great day. The trip yielded some new to me equipment: 1. Pearson squeeze chute w/palp cage 2.Tru test scale, aluminum platform and loadbars 3.Apache 24ft stanchion feeder 4.very old, rusty creep feeder 5. Some highway guard rails. The creep feeder needs some TLC in form of welding, and maybe some PB Blaster here and there but looks to be servicable with just a few patches. The tires/wheels are gone but he just had it blocked up which is probably what I will do. I didnt get any pictures yet but will try to remember when the time comes to get it all set up. I dont know the brand of it, its too rusty.

Latest posts