Crazy Grazin'

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever seen a cow/calf/bull eat???
A couple months ago we had a calf eat a bluebonnet.....and just the other day the same calf ate posion ivy!

I stood at the fence one day and fed jalapeno peppers to "Big Mama" til she had tears running down her face and she still wanted more. Am thinking her dad must have been a mexican fighting bull instead of brangus.

TexasBred":3skb8acx said:
I stood at the fence one day and fed jalapeno peppers to "Big Mama" til she had tears running down her face and she still wanted more. Am thinking her dad must have been a mexican fighting bull instead of brangus.
yikes!!!! :lol:

We turned some 350# holstein steers out on pasture about a month ago, they all started eating the grass. Well one of my brothers steers (we keep out holsteins together so when they are still on milk we only have to feed once a day and they aren't split up till slaughter) to put it nicely this steer has something wired wrong in his brain, for some reason he decided to eat some dirt. He wasn't digging for minerals or anything, he was just stupid. It made me laugh so hard that I started to cry. :lol: --> :cry2:

Found out yesterday that all my cattle love post oak leaves no matter how much grass is available. Had a tree blow down and they spent most of the day picking it clean of leaves.

Latest posts