Cows almost all home.....

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, until the community pasture lets out we have everything home. Brought the last bunch home today, that is after we found them all. Miserable animals, for the last week or so they have been crawling and wrecking fence. We are renting pasture from an older lady, and the fences are admittedly in poor shape. We have been fixing it, but haven't gotten it all done yet, and it wasn't going to get done before they would have had to come home anyways so we decided that a week or 2 of grazing down there was not that big a deal. We tried electric, but with the number of deer, and the fact that we are 1/2 hour away, we just couldn't keep it up and working either.

So we went down this morning, had 3 other trailers lined up to haul them home and planned to load at 11:00 am. We got down there with the horses, and could see most of the cattle and they were even pretty close to the corral which was nice, it only took us about 10 min to get them in. Unfortunately there was only 21/29 pair there so off we went myself and dog in one direction and hubby and daughter (5) in another, but they were nowhere to be found. By this time the trailers were starting to show up, and fortunately they had come in from a different direction and had seen the 8 missing animals 1 1/2 miles down the road. So the men started sorting and I took off to gather them and bring them in. The neighbour had showed up with his bike and had them started by the time I got there and they moved well.We got back with them before the men were even done sorting. Loaded up the calves and some of the cows and had them home by 1:00 pm. Had to go back with 2 trailers for the rest of the cows and horses, but we were still back in time to make it to the school for the Terry Fox run.

Other than the missing cattle the only excitement was when the daughters horse loped off with her. Not to exciting once hubby talked her into pulling on the reins ;-) instead of just holding onto the horn.

Latest posts