Feeding Seaweed lowers cows methane 82%

Help Support CattleToday:

It doesn't work for me. Wife has tried everything, and has given up.

She finally subscribed to "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

Now I get the Dutch oven treatment.

Aspargopsis will be introduced to Australian feedlots very soon CSIRO, Australia's gov funded research organisation has done much of the work on it. It is also found to increase the feed efficiency. The majority of Australian beef is exported around the globe and certain markets like Europe are very sensitive to the environmental credentials of the product it buys. Animal Welfare is also a"biggie" with some of these markets and things like pain relief for husbandry procedures like castration and dehorning both during and after is being adopted by some very big players.

Ken

Sea kelp is already harvested and feed manufactures using it in select feeds such as dairy rations and horse rations. TASCO is one such product.

Sea kelp is already harvested and feed manufactures using it in select feeds such as dairy rations and horse rations. TASCO is one such product.
Are they cutting it live at sea or is it being picked up off the beach when it is brought in by the tides? I know some years, the Texas beaches are simply covered with it (sargassum) and you can't get beyond knee deep in the water because it's so thick and you can forget about surf fishing. The beaches stink to high heaven too..

dike.jpg

galveston dike.jpg

Latest posts