Cow Tipping - Urban Style

Help Support CattleToday:

We picked up a VW and set the rear on blocks so the tires were just barely off the ground. Not easily noticeable until the driver stepped on the gas and went nowhere.

It is more than a prank when they damage the car. When I was younger, I saw a few smaller cars got moved to mess with their owners but they were left on the tires and the body wasn't damaged.

The prank Howdy described, my guess is they got ahold of a big fork lift to set the car in place.

Back in the days of V8 gas guzzlers, one of my dad's co workers got a little 4 cyl economy car. He was bragging insufferably about how well it was engineered and how much he would save on gas. So some of them started putting a little extra gas in it while this guy was out on his route. Then they would just egg him on when he told them how amazing the mileage was. This guy was getting 40 mpg back in the 60's....or so he thought. When they got bored with it and stopped supplementing his gas tank, he took the car in for service, thought something was wrong with it. I thought this was a great prank and nothing harmed but pride.

Hubby fessed up-- they used carts from the local greenhouse/nursery that was basically a low board with wheels on it. they jacked the car up and set them under the tires and rolled the car where they wanted it.
He said they didn't have it out for the owners. it was just a car parked close enough and too much time on their hands.

I always had a gut feeling he was involved in it.

Jogeephus":1ahve7n2 said:
dun":1ahve7n2 said:
Must be sissys. Used to only take 4 of us to pick up a VW bug and move it.

We moved my old high school coaches VW convertible. (wasn't a bug but that other little thing they made) He didn't find the humor in it and no one would fess up so we all got to go for a nice long run. We didn't do it again and I think he got the last laugh.

Now days it is parking spots. They put junkers in the principle's parking spot etc. Those kids are creative too. Old junk riding mowers and practically everything you can imagine. The principles are good spirited and generally just call the towing company and donate it.

My daughter wanted to borrow my one ton and she wanted me to put a 3 ton boulder in the back of my dump trailer. Being of the overly concerned father I decided to drive the truck and back in the trailer etc. We get there about midnight and there are senior kids everywhere. They flag up the license plate (as if they wouldn't know who I was in this little town) and we back in and dump the boulder in the parking spot.

That boulder is now part of the landscape there at the HS about 30 feet from where we placed it. :)

Just thought you folks who felt the NTSB would allow something unsafe to be on the road by allowing eco-friendly smart cars on the road might want to look at the facts before you start disrespecting environmentally conscious vehicle engineering. Just look at this and think air bags and seat belts. BTW - I'm not referring to the Dodge van but the Smart car in the ditch. Man I bet they are glad they had their airbags and their seatbelts.

53489c772631d.image.jpg

backhoeboogie":1ef37ly8 said:
Jogeephus":1ef37ly8 said:
dun":1ef37ly8 said:
Must be sissys. Used to only take 4 of us to pick up a VW bug and move it.

We moved my old high school coaches VW convertible. (wasn't a bug but that other little thing they made) He didn't find the humor in it and no one would fess up so we all got to go for a nice long run. We didn't do it again and I think he got the last laugh.

Now days it is parking spots. They put junkers in the principle's parking spot etc. Those kids are creative too. Old junk riding mowers and practically everything you can imagine. The principles are good spirited and generally just call the towing company and donate it.

My daughter wanted to borrow my one ton and she wanted me to put a 3 ton boulder in the back of my dump trailer. Being of the overly concerned father I decided to drive the truck and back in the trailer etc. We get there about midnight and there are senior kids everywhere. They flag up the license plate (as if they wouldn't know who I was in this little town) and we back in and dump the boulder in the parking spot.

That boulder is now part of the landscape there at the HS about 30 feet from where we placed it. :)
Some places, you'd be arrested for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" but fortunately, you live in a place where such things are taken with a grain of salt and a sense of humor and in the spirit with that they are done.
Good times and no harm done.

Back in high school they were using a crane to put hvac units on the two story roof. The school band leader left his VW there over the weekend while away on a band trip. My school buddy's dad owned the crane company so he had a key. We put his car on the roof. Buddy's dad come and got the crane on Sunday. Band teacher panicked and reported his car stolen. The custodian found it on Monday morning. They had to call the crane company out again to get it down. The good ol days :D

HOSS":3vkl8dj2 said:
Back in high school they were using a crane to put hvac units on the two story roof. The school band leader left his VW there over the weekend while away on a band trip. My school buddy's dad owned the crane company so he had a key. We put his car on the roof. Buddy's dad come and got the crane on Sunday. Band teacher panicked and reported his car stolen. The custodian found it on Monday morning. They had to call the crane company out again to get it down. The good ol days :D
The ind of stuff we did as kids that was just a prank or kids being kids would land you in jail today

Latest posts