Cow throwing up!

Help Support CattleToday:

ufo_chris

Reaction score
Watched my cow basically thow up ! Yes ,it was cud comming up but when she opened her mouth it poured out like vomit! maybe a quart or 2.
She did this twice within a few minutes and then went to eat her hay(it had been 12 hrs. since I last fed her)
She's on hay only . I'm wondering if maybe she just drank a bunch of water (it was pretty runny)maybe too fast?
I didn't see any other spots where she did this.
She is 3,has a 2 1/2 month calf on her.
Should I worry?
Thanks,Chris

Forgot to say : she was acting like she was just chewing cud at first but you could see it was more watery comming out the sides of her mouth a bit before she opened up and a buch poured out!

i had a cow last summer that was throwing up every time she ate and alot of green.watched her for a few days and took her to the vet.vet ran a hose down her throat and could find nothing.took her home and decided to continue watching her and c if it got better.it went on for at least a month but she didnt seem to b losing weight.decided i would cull her after she weaned her calf.finally she stopped and i havent seen it happen again so we r keeping her,she will calve n a couple months.i guess she had some kind of blockage and it just took time to dislodge.

i had one calf do it when i first bought it from the sale except it was eating feed then just threw up and went on she did it about 2 or 3 times but that was 4 months ago and shes fine now

Thanks Guys! I have not seen her do it any more ,so hopefully that was it.
Thanks,Chris

Latest posts