Cow Horse....

Help Support CattleToday:

If ya ever learn to rope you'll understand why those little stamp seats aren't for working cattle. They don't last long in the South Texas brush either.

Mike Franklin":1csaxtpv said:
If ya ever learn to rope you'll understand why those little stamp seats aren't for working cattle. They don't last long in the South Texas brush either.

Yep. And if you ever learn to jump so you don't have to open gates you'll understand why those little stamps were invented in the first place!! :) :)

Now this is a serious question. I've asked 'Jumping' Horse owners and they just give me odd looks.
If you teach your pony to jump a fence how in the H*ll do you keep him from running off?

Also, I might get a horse to jump a fence but cows are famous for not jumping OVER fences, Thank God, they're hard enough to keep up with the way things are.

ha... my filly is working on that department... i mean hopping over holes in the ground... not over fences...etc..
ss

Mike Franklin":32bwj3rs said:
Now this is a serious question. I've asked 'Jumping' Horse owners and they just give me odd looks.
If you teach your pony to jump a fence how in the H*ll do you keep him from running off?

Also,
  • I might get a horse to jump a fence but cows are famous for not jumping OVER fences,
Thank God, they're hard enough to keep up with the way things are.
you obviously aint owned no brahman cattle they can stand right next to a fence jump and never touch wire

gabby":2el57gsg said:
Mike Franklin":2el57gsg said:

Yep. And if you ever learn to jump so you don't have to open gates you'll understand why those little stamps were invented in the first place!! :) :)

Mike jumping a fence. Now there's a mental picture to deal with. :lol: :lol: :lol: Mike has enough leg under him to step over most fences and has to be careful about leaning against a corner post. :D Z

Now I did this in my head so I might be a couple of pounds off but figuring the horse, saddle, assorted tack, pistol and me that would be in the neighborhood of about 1900 pounds going over a fence. Do Not be close to where we come down!

Mike Franklin":3t9aqbqj said:
Now I did this in my head so I might be a couple of pounds off but figuring the horse, saddle, assorted tack, pistol and me that would be in the neighborhood of about 1900 pounds going over a fence. Do Not be close to where we come down!

You're not figureing Willie Nelson Or Wild Bill are you? If you are I'd say you're figureing a little light. Willie is 1700 before breakfast and Bill ain't that much smaller. I can hardly pick up your dang saddle. I'd call it just shy of 2100.Z

bigtongue.gif

nom...Z

smart_slider":fotkm9x0 said:
ok........
ss

It's okay Youngun. You just have to understand me and my little buddy. We've been running together for a while. We're two hours apart but if either one of us picked up the phone and said help we could cut that a bunch.Z