Cow Horse....

Help Support CattleToday:

ha! o well, what can i do? anyway, here is a more recent pic of my filly...
Good_pic1.JPG

and if you are wondering, her brand is my avatar pic.
ss

D.R. Cattle":ws2cvim5 said:
18 hands. Doesn't rope or cut. Is ridden with English gear. Don't take it the wrong way but "cowhorse" is jumping the gun don't you think?

I do agree with you D.R. I was just sort of wondering what his neighbors think when they see that English rig. Wonder where he ties a slicker, dead hog, or dead deer not to mention a rope. :lol:

Just messin with ya gabby.

SmartSlider - I like the filly. Looks MUCH more like a cow horse to me. :lol:

Alan those halters have been around for many, many years. My grand daddy used them. The only difference was they weren't made out of nylon. When I was a kid every cowboy could make one in five miinutes. You can find the intructions to make one in a Pre-Parelli Western Horseman.Z

ha! thanx guys. it is just a halter we had around, alan... she's a good little filly... do anything you ask... thanx again
ss :cboy:

dun":w5hpoxrq said:
*Cowgirl*":w5hpoxrq said:
What's yalls problem with English?
:cboy:
Thats ALL I ride.

Where do you dally?

dun

:lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Cowgirls don't ride English. I think they call them debutant's or some such nonsense.

smart_slider":2h8uia5p said:
ha! o well, what can i do? anyway, here is a more recent pic of my filly...
Good_pic1.JPG

and if you are wondering, her brand is my avatar pic.
ss

wow, yall brand horses? Why?

*Cowgirl*":75i3qmmo said:
What's yalls problem with English?
:cboy:
Thats ALL I ride.

its good for eventing, light and practical but I think most here would find the english hard to accessorize for the 'range'. :lol:

flaboy-":2se8lo61 said:
D.R. Cattle":2se8lo61 said:
18 hands. Doesn't rope or cut. Is ridden with English gear. Don't take it the wrong way but "cowhorse" is jumping the gun don't you think?

I do agree with you D.R. I was just sort of wondering what his neighbors think when they see that English rig. Wonder where he ties a slicker, dead hog, or dead deer not to mention a rope. :lol:

Just messin with ya gabby.

SmartSlider - I like the filly. Looks MUCH more like a cow horse to me. :lol:

I don't get no lip at all when I show up on Moose, English gear or not. He just sort of towers over everything in sight. Like Conway sang, "Don't call him a cowboy till you see him ride." :)

The cowboy rig is one of function and evolved out of necessity. If you can do your cowboying from an english rig it is not likely you're getting much cowboy work done. I think that cowboys should have to spend some time in an english saddle or bareback as both culture a great feel for the animal.

Beef11":2qaacw7r said:
The cowboy rig is one of function and evolved out of necessity. If you can do your cowboying from an english rig it is not likely you're getting much cowboy work done. I think that cowboys should have to spend some time in an english saddle or bareback as both culture a great feel for the animal.

Horsemanship matters, and I greatly admire the horsemanship of real cowboys.

Western riding seems to have more than its share of yahoos that don't know squat but manage to stay in the saddle most of the time. They wouldn't have a prayer in an English saddle.

ALACOWMAN":34irs7zq said:
ACE_47.JPG
For speed and agility.I`ll put this bad boy against any of them. ;-)

Thats a good looking cow pony looks like some of the Copper Bottom decendants I used to own.
I bet he will hit 25 feet on the first lunge.

Caustic Burno":16gtafgo said:
ALACOWMAN":16gtafgo said:
ACE_47.JPG

Thats a good looking cow pony looks like some of the Copper Bottom decendants I used to own.

CB, Say it ain't so (again) you hate horses!

Alan :D And did not realize theo pressure halters have been around for such a long time... live and learn.

Alan

I don't have "a horse in this race" (fortunately), and I'd like to say all the photos on this thread show wonderful looking animals. As far as English or Western, I'd have to rely on my wise Uncle Doug's words: "The question isn't whether you can ride English or Western, the question is can you ride?" I grew up riding in English saddles (hunter/jumper) and confess that I don't know my way around all that Western tack.

Alan":15kajs2s said:
Caustic Burno":15kajs2s said:
ALACOWMAN":15kajs2s said:
ACE_47.JPG

CB, Say it ain't so (again) you hate horses!

Alan :D And did not realize theo pressure halters have been around for such a long time... live and learn.

Alan

In my younger days I owned some high dollar quarter horses.
Never said I hated a horse (that was assumed) said they are no longer needed on the majority of cattle operations.

If someone wants to ride English they can have at it, but I don't think I've ever seen an English rig and a cowboy hat in the same picture before now.

but CB, what if your cattle get out into a heavily forrested area? how r u going to get a truck through the trees? and thanx everyone for the comments on the horses... i like the look of ALACOWMAN's horse...and speaking of which, whoever asked about branding, we do it so that if/when we git into the "big Boy" events, past branded horses we've had can be associated with us... o well i guess it looks cool too! :D
ss

Latest posts