Cow has a sore foot

Help Support CattleToday:

Saltydawg

Reaction score
About a week ago i noticed one of my cows got a branch stuck between her toes.

I got the branch out but she's still limping.

She can put weight on the foot but it's obviously sore and she's favoring the leg.

I looked at her foot and there doesnt appear to be anything really wrong with it so im thinking it's just some bruising or something.

I guess I just need to keep an eye on her? She's eating and drinking fine and will move around to graze.....she just limps a bit and favors that foot.

Any comments?

I wouldn't think it would take a week for a bruise to heal. I believe I would be checking her foot a little closer and possibly treating her for foot rot - especially if she had access to any wet areas.

I had a very similiar situation with a calf about a week ago. Ended up catching the calf and taking a second look. I found a piece of limb about big as your thumb still stuck up and in between the toes. There was a yellow looking infection that smelled pretty malodourous. Treated with la200 and the calf is now 100%

We have a month old calf that got a puncture wound in his foot and the vet has been out twice, first time gave the 7 day antibiotic in his ear and yesterday he got nuflor. Will give him more nuflor on Friday and again Monday. Was doing better then two days ago got worse again. Vet says the infection has probably gone into his joint. If the nuflor doesn't work we will probably lose him. Bummer.

Latest posts