~ Cow & Calf PHOTOS

Help Support CattleToday:

Very nice ~!!
Thank you for sharing your traditional Simm.
Got any more photos ?

My Simmentals are some of the best working cows in the herd.

When crossed with angus they throw solid colored calves.
When bred to other traditional Simmentals they have the most outstanding calf in the herd.

I love their easy going nature, calm temperment and maternal instincts. They must bathe their calves 10 times a day.

Will have a few more photos this weekend of the rest of the herd.
It looks like its going to rain today and tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the annual Heifer Walk in Brattleboro Vermont.
BIG day for cows~!!

~
As promised, a few more photos.

For some reason when I went to download the 10 photos from my digital camera--most of them were blank. Never had this happen before. I heard the camera beep every time I snapped a photo. Anyone have a similar problem ?

Here is one of the the official "calf nests" in one of the fields.

5202005068B.jpg

And for his fan club---another photo of the Right Time calf with the constantly color changing grey heifer who is looking more and more like a deer as time goes by.

612005066B.jpg

CowCop":2qgzy14z said:
~
For some reason when I went to download the 10 photos from my digital camera--most of them were blank. Never had this happen before. I heard the camera beep every time I snapped a photo. Anyone have a similar problem ?

I know it sounds rudimentary, but make sure the lens cover opens. Mine sticks sometimes and I either get blanks or a snake shape across the picture and that's the only part of the picture that is a picture.

dun

~
You are so correct Dun~!
I have done that so many times with my regular Pentax "in the heat of the moment."

However this little Toshiba digital is the kind that drops the lens cap -with string attached -- into your hand the moment you turn it on. Always have to juggle the cap away from the focus.

I am charging the batteries now and will test it out on another photo safari soon.
This camera is 4 years old and has taken over 9,000 photos so I wonder if perhaps it is coming to the end of its production life. Anyone know about this stuff ?

Just dissapointing to take some really good photos of the Herefords and the Angus F1 cows with their good calves and not have them come out.

I may love those Simmentals but I give credit to all the hard working cows in the herd, regardless of breed or creed. :D

Will post moore photos this week.

finally another person wiith different colored cattle!
thats a pretty pic. nice trees, cattle, etc.

~

Variety is the spice of life~!!

and Quality cattle come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

Moore photos coming~!!

Latest posts