Cow-Calf Pairs

Help Support CattleToday:

O.K., now I get what Farmer Kevin wants. I'll post a couple as ugly as I've got. Both first calf heifers, calves less than 1 week old, pics taken yesterday. Can't decide which is uglier.
P1000161.jpg

P1000155.jpg

Jake, I got one looks just like that momma cow. Last year she had a calf that looked like a clone of herself. It was her first. She hasn't calved yet this year, but when she does, she and her calf will no dought be the ugliest pair in my herd.

ga. prime":jxdk8lcj said:
Jake, I got one looks just like that momma cow. Last year she had a calf that looked like a clone of herself. It was her first. She hasn't calved yet this year, but when she does, she and her calf will no dought be the ugliest pair in my herd.

there are one or two others that I would say are just as ugly but they are colored and headed to sale so they don't count. There are also a few old cows that would match this one that are also in their last year in our herd.

Her BW was 77lbs. Her Mother's a milk truck. This calf was out of a Beefmaster Bull, we had nothing but trouble with. Lost 3 cows due to breached, hung up calves. He grew wheels about 5 months ago. Hopefully that problem ended. BTW, calf is long legged too, may cause some of her size in picture.

Thank You to everyone for the cow-calf pairs.... Every picture is wonderful.... Especially the Herfords. They look very content

I think this one qualifies for the ugly part but i'm not so sure about the "pair" part. first and second calf heifer...

Picture466.jpg

Ryan, he sure is marked up pretty. Hope them legs straighten out for ya. :shock:

Ryan":9o6lgccf said:
this little guy is a couple of days old
stacy_ellen_calf.jpg

Where are his horns?!

(just kidding.) legs will straighten out just fine in a few days... good looking calf.

Jake":36218tga said:
this ole girl is the ugliest I have a picture of right now... this is her last calf with us

7ff73451.jpg

Jake,-
you werent kidding about that grass wanted, cows for sale were you. she dont look too shabby to be eating busted up concrete...
kidding of course. it is refreshing to see some pictures of cows that arent necessarily the owners pride and joy once in a while, although shes not bad by any means. i bet shes been a good cow for yall. keepin it real, beefy

the white cow is 1/2 beefmaster and 1/4 angus, 1/4 charolais. not the most fertile cow on the farm but raises good calves.
Picture463.jpg

Latest posts