Country Music

Help Support CattleToday:

I do like some of the older country songs I grew up with. Like: Dolly, and one Lauretta Lynn song (coal miners daughter). It all changed with time. I like music like Slip Knot, Mudvane, Nickleback, and music groups like such. My member name is true, Not-So-Plain-Country Girl.
But I do have to say, you've gotta love and respect where you came from!!!

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":194s1ukh said:
I do like some of the older country songs I grew up with. Like: Dolly, and one Lauretta Lynn song (coal miners daughter). It all changed with time. I like music like Slip Knot, Mudvane, Nickleback, and music groups like such. My member name is true, Not-So-Plain-Country Girl.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I love music. I listen to everything: rap, classical, gospel, christian, country, texas country, rock, r&b, hip hop, everything.

There's alot of good Country music out there-old and new and there's no reason to rag someone's ass if they don't like exactly what you like or don't like. I don't care who you are if you don't like George Strait you don't need to be talking about Country music. There's alot of good ones out there, some old and some new. Dierks Bentley and Jason Aldean are two new ones who are good and they sing Country. You just can't beat Martina McBride either. Some of the other new ones are good too. Country music evolves, it doesn't all stay the same, artists can't all be Johnny Cash but there are new ones who come along and are good singers, the type of songs they sing also have something to do with how successful they become. Besides Country music is a mixture of several different types of music: blues, folk, southern rock, hymns, maybe a little soul too. I love Country music,I like some of the other types too, can't and won't get into rap-I think the message as well as the general image that rap puts out is enough to turn me off and it should do the same for most everyone else. Ok, you who don't agree with me about rap go ahead and give us a dissertation on why we should all listen to rap and it's medicinal qualities............. :)

"You callin' me old? "

... quiet .J.T .quiet .... I don't call you old ...... :D :D :D :D

...but I think do you have more experience than me...

...simply because you listen to country every day, while from me we have a limited point of view here..... :D :D :D :D

My favorite has to be Chris Ledoux. I dont listen to anything but country music. Never liked anything else.

Im am working at a bar (the Dixie Chicken in College Station, TX. Im sure some of you have heard of it or been there), and all they play is old country music, like Hank Sr, Hank Snow, Johnny Cash, Willie, Waylon, and all the greats. Once in a while they throw in some Texas Country, but mostly stick to the classics.

I really don't listen to the country stations all that much because theres two 100.3 and 93Q that once one of them has play a song the other one plays the same song. So about the only time I listen to them is Sunday from 7-12 when they play what I like. But I like to listen to 104 which is hip hop, Rap, rock and eveything esle. Thanks to my ag teachers and all the many hours driving a cross Texas I have a love of old rock. I think its good to mix things up and not stick to one thing. :lol:

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":3kgn0m51 said:
I like music like Slip Knot, Mudvane, Nickleback, and music groups like such. My member name is true, Not-So-Plain-Country Girl.

I like all kinds of music, Blues, Rock, Classic Rock. But Slip knot is a little over the edge. You have to be the only one out there that is a slip knot fan and country at the same time.

If I found a slip knot CD in my house my child would not see daylight for months!

Rustler9":rhwlry4x said:
There's alot of good Country music out there-old and new and there's no reason to rag someone's ass if they don't like exactly what you like or don't like. I don't care who you are if you don't like George Strait you don't need to be talking about Country music.

Preach it, brother!! (Especially the George Strait part) :cboy:

Texas Country is some good stuff. 98.3 KORA out of Bryan is a really good station..... pretty much all Texas Country. Todd Freitsch (sp?), Pat Green, CCR, Honeybrowne, Jack Ingram just to name a few.

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":370nd5pi said:
aplusmnt
If I found a slip knot CD in my house my child would not see daylight for months!

LOL!! :lol: :lol:
I'm the mom and bought the Slip Knot CD's into the house :lol: :lol: !!

Do you let your kids listen to it? Maybe put some posters on the wall? Slip knot is some pretty messed up stuff, surely you realize this?

ALAN JACKSON, MARTINA, VINCE GILL, REBA,DWIGHT YOAKUM, RASCAL FLATS, TIM & FAITH, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, [VERN GOSDINS, CHISHED IN STONE-WHOA] I EVEN LIKE MICHEAL BUBLE-HE HAS POTENTIAL

J. T.":1e3zfpoj said:
The class of such people as Jim Reeves and Ray Price has been replaced by "artists" singing "Can I Check You For Ticks". Yes, country music is a goner and has been for years.

I thought "Can I Check You For Ticks" was the perfect Ozark pick up line

aplusmnt":38b0fxmm said:
Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":38b0fxmm said:
aplusmnt

LOL!! :lol: :lol:
I'm the mom and bought the Slip Knot CD's into the house :lol: :lol: !!

Do you let your kids listen to it? Maybe put some posters on the wall? Slip knot is some pretty messed up stuff, surely you realize this?

I guess I lead a sheltered life, cause I don't know what slipknot is.