Counting calves /big herd

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":1o81u4bh said:
Beefy":1o81u4bh said:
ps. GPS cow counter sounds like a get rich quick idea.

Everyone should be entitled to get rich quick. Cowculator, I like that. Sounds like something Crowder might need though.

OSU has a feed calculator they call Cowculator. There is also a product that I saw at farmfest last year that you can implant in a cow and it will trace or at least identify her location. Kind of like the tracking deal the the wildlife folk use for keeping track of critters. The company rep admitted that it only has about a 1/4 mile range and diesn;t work well in rough terrain. If I find the literature I'll post it.

dun

That interesting Dun, although I must admit, it sounds awfully similar to my Dad and me, both in range, and how well we work in rough terrain :shock:

That is the reason most of the cattle in the open range areas are branded...Many times its your neighbor 50 miles away that finds your cow when he gathers his- and you will probably find a few of his and some of all the other neighbors..... Few phone calls and they all get back home...

That is also the reason the brand states require brand inspections when changing ownership or crossing county lines...Some cattle are never found- (coyotes only know what happened to them)-- sometimes you will find the hide or the bones during the fall gather or next year.....

Latest posts