Corn Lund

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you have heard this, I'm sure you know a family that went through this.

https://youtu.be/qYVpRBuBOlA

I'm your Huckleberry. What would you like to know? As I write this, I'm waiting to hear from my.lawyer to know whether I'm headed to court with my brother. I was supposed to have had an answer Friday. It didn't come. Our farm division started in 2008 and is still on-going. Someone on CT said "Don't let a blessing become a burden." That's so true. Talk to your kids. Don't hide anything. Put it all on the table. Work through issues. Everyone has to feel comfortable enough to express their concerns. Do it or lawyers and accounts will do it for you at $300+ an hour.

Mom has done said it will all go to my brother until he is done with it. If any thing has actually been done about it I don't know.

leave it to the child who loves it, not to the oldest son or whatever the conventional wisdom is. what is right isn't equal or whatever that line was.

homesites can be left to heirs, but operations need to be left to the ones who are emotionally tied if you want to keep it a working ranch. if you don't care, do them a favor and sell out BEFORE you die.

"if you don't care, do them a favor and sell out BEFORE you die" and spend all the $$ doing what you never had time or $$ for earlier in life.

That's a remorseful tale right there.
I've seen it happen to a lot smaller farms, real estate, total estates, and to a drilling company that had been around since the 40s.

Latest posts