Missouri Corn Crop

Help Support CattleToday:

Corn couldn't have done much here either. Four foot stalks and two small ears per stalk (from what I've seen) don't mean many kernels. Every field around here have cut and rolled already and selling the rolls at $45 each.

Dry land corn hasn't done well in my area. Allot is only making 25-30 bushels. Irrigated corn is much better but the farmers pools are nearly dry. Hope feed prices aren't out of sight this year. Hay prices are slready through the roof at $60-90 a roll on the meadow. Killer/cull cow prices are also terrible @$.30-.40 cents.

Most of the mid west has record corn crops. A old time CT poster from Ohio said this was his best corn crop ever, and he's even older than KT and has done nothing but farm.

True Grit Farms":2389kowr said:
Most of the mid west has record corn crops. A old time CT poster from Ohio said this was his best corn crop ever, and he's even older than KT and has done nothing but farm.
Nope your wrong, he is just a kid compared to me.

kenny thomas":2alg810g said:
True Grit Farms":2alg810g said:
Nope your wrong, he is just a kid compared to me.
I always thought he was the oldest among us. Congratulations old man.

While we are in a watch area for drought, most of our crops look pretty good. It doesn't take a lot of rain, but a rain at the right time sure makes a difference. 3 or 4 week ago some of the corn was tasseling and it was starting to roll. We had a good rain just in the nick of time and it looks pretty good now.

cbcr":14ma575m said:
While we are in a watch area for drought, most of our crops look pretty good. It doesn't take a lot of rain, but a rain at the right time sure makes a difference. 3 or 4 week ago some of the corn was tasseling and it was starting to roll. We had a good rain just in the nick of time and it looks pretty good now.
What state are you in cb........was watching a Nascar race a few weeks ago from Iowa and they kept showing the corn fields. Looked really good but they also kept saying it was mighty early...to soon to be making predictions. Sure hope it does well. Heard the crop down here was terrible.

TexasBred":lo7od2ad said:
cbcr":lo7od2ad said:
What state are you in cb........was watching a Nascar race a few weeks ago from Iowa and they kept showing the corn fields. Looked really good but they also kept saying it was mighty early...to soon to be making predictions. Sure hope it does well. Heard the crop down here was terrible.

We are in western Missouri, south of Kansas City. Northern Missouri has gotten some rain, but there are some areas up there that the rain has missed so the crops aren't fairing well.

Latest posts