Cops, most are a waste of space and uniform

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like most of them and have many I call friends. We had a POS with a badge a while back and he treated me like dirt one day but he learned right quick I was no pushover and I knew my rights. I did back down a little when I was him put his hand on his taser. (I ain't stupid) I silently vowed to get this guys job cause if he treated me with such disrespect after I did nothing but show him respect in every way there is no telling what he would do to someone else. The film in his camera verified everything I said as the truth but I learned it is hard to get rid of a bad cop because of the union. It took a few months but he is policing someone else's streets now. Alan, it sounds like ya'll got him and I'm sorry but better you than me. :mrgreen:

Alan":19jeanji said:
3MileRanch":19jeanji said:
From where I sit everyone in N.W. Oregon is jackass wanna be cattleman. Well maybe I should narrow that down a bit and just say Everyone in NW Oregon named Alan is a Jackass. I dont want to be to broad or over reaching in my assessment of people from NW Oregon.

Well it's hard to argue with your well thought out argument! :mrgreen: Would you care to join the conversation by stating why I'm a "jackass" with my point of view or do you and whoever you and your 24 post are just want to throw rocks from the shadows? Where are you from?

I would love to hear why cops don't need more training, better screening and two good points brought up was better pay and over 30.

Alan

Second time trying to post. Dont know if its getting deleted or what, but here is the abreviatged version.

Alan - I didnt know intelligence or being right or wrong was based upon how many post someone might have made on here. I seem to rememeber people on here making new profiles all the time because they didnt like the moniker "rancher" or whatever next to their screen name. I have been a member of this site under one name or another for well over a decade.

Also, I didnt call you a jackass, I said people from NW Oregon named Alan are Jackasses. You are the one who felt that you fell into the description of who I was calling a Jackass.

Now think about this for a second. You read what I wrote, felt you were being insulted and responded in a defensive manner. Now isnt that what you were insinuating I shouldnt do.

I am a police Officer and a rancher. I have been a cop in one form or another since 1987. I have been involved with cattle even longer. Also, I am very well trained. Definitely not a waste of space and uniform. I have met so many people over the years who love to diss on the police and then site unproven or one sided stories much like your original post as proof of what they are saying. Most of them I met while arresting them for committing some crime agaisnt their family or friends.

It reminds me of a like minded individual who wanted to report a cattle theft not to long ago. When I got there he said I dont know who stole them, I already checked all my "friends" pastures and they didnt take them unless they already shipped them off to the sale barn.

If you are the victim of theft and the first person you think of who might have done it is your friends then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror before you start dissing on the cops.

3MileRanch":34ew6k27 said:
From where I sit everyone in N.W. Oregon is jackass wanna be cattleman. Well maybe I should narrow that down a bit and just say Everyone in NW Oregon named Alan is a Jackass. I dont want to be to broad or over reaching in my assessment of people from NW Oregon.

:lol: I busted out laughing on this one! :lol:

Alan, you can paint the cops in your neck of the woods with your broad or narrow brush but I've been in LE for 25 years and I have MANY friends who are officers. I also have some that I don't care for at all, and some that I won't be in the same room with if I can help it but it's not because they are crooked or a$$holes or on a power trip. There are good and bad in ANY profession... Drs, nurses, farmers, attorneys, teachers, construction workers, daycare providers, hell even horse breeders and trainers and CERTAINLY some cattle ranchers. Some get that way because the job eats them up, others are just born that way and fake their way through it. None of us are perfect and we have our good days and our bad days. I could tell you many stories about the GOOD that deputies and police officers do, but you're going to hear a helluva lot more about the bad and the dirty because THAT'S what the media likes. I can tell you that eventually the rotten apples get weeded out, or they weed out themselves.

3MileRanch":sq5lc06f said:
Alan":sq5lc06f said:
3MileRanch":sq5lc06f said:

Well it's hard to argue with your well thought out argument! :mrgreen: Would you care to join the conversation by stating why I'm a "jackass" with my point of view or do you and whoever you and your 24 post are just want to throw rocks from the shadows? Where are you from?

I would love to hear why cops don't need more training, better screening and two good points brought up was better pay and over 30.

Alan

Second time trying to post. Dont know if its getting deleted or what, but here is the abreviatged version.

Alan - I didnt know intelligence or being right or wrong was based upon how many post someone might have made on here. I seem to rememeber people on here making new profiles all the time because they didnt like the moniker "rancher" or whatever next to their screen name. I have been a member of this site under one name or another for well over a decade.

Also, I didnt call you a jackass, I said people from NW Oregon named Alan are Jackasses. You are the one who felt that you fell into the description of who I was calling a Jackass.

Now think about this for a second. You read what I wrote, felt you were being insulted and responded in a defensive manner. Now isnt that what you were insinuating I shouldnt do.

I am a police Officer and a rancher. I have been a cop in one form or another since 1987. I have been involved with cattle even longer. Also, I am very well trained. Definitely not a waste of space and uniform. I have met so many people over the years who love to diss on the police and then site unproven or one sided stories much like your original post as proof of what they are saying. Most of them I met while arresting them for committing some crime agaisnt their family or friends.

It reminds me of a like minded individual who wanted to report a cattle theft not to long ago. When I got there he said I dont know who stole them, I already checked all my "friends" pastures and they didnt take them unless they already shipped them off to the sale barn.

If you are the victim of theft and the first person you think of who might have done it is your friends then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror before you start dissing on the cops.

I took the post meaning a whole different way. I was a part of the brotherhood and I have seen good and bad just like you see good and bad of any industry. I think the attack basically on Alan was unjustified and uncalled for. When you took your oath as police officer and I did as well we took a oath to protect and serve and uphold the constitution and laws of your area you are serving while on or off of your tour of duty, Atleast it is that way here and last time i checked he is still covered by under the freedom of speech. If you have a tenure as a officer you should know kids or people make bacon or donuts comments all the time. In the 3 years I served they did atleast and guess what I couldn't say hey guess what your are stupid or go off on them or arrest them just because they shared there opinion. I would think you would have more tact and not such a short fuse cause after all that is what this post is about. I say that to say this 3mileranch.. First let me thank you for your service... But as my SGT. always told me always act like you are on duty all the time and give no civilians a reason to distrust us or the F.O.P.
:2cents:

LazyARanch":tqgd7ix8 said:
Alan, you can paint the cops in your neck of the woods with your broad or narrow brush but I've been in LE for 25 years and I have MANY friends who are officers. I also have some that I don't care for at all, and some that I won't be in the same room with if I can help it but it's not because they are crooked or a$$holes or on a power trip. There are good and bad in ANY profession... Drs, nurses, farmers, attorneys, teachers, construction workers, daycare providers, be nice even horse breeders and trainers and CERTAINLY some cattle ranchers. Some get that way because the job eats them up, others are just born that way and fake their way through it. None of us are perfect and we have our good days and our bad days. I could tell you many stories about the GOOD that deputies and police officers do, but you're going to hear a helluva lot more about the bad and the dirty because THAT'S what the media likes. I can tell you that eventually the rotten apples get weeded out, or they weed out themselves.

I can agree with alot of this... there is always alot more good done that you never hear about thats the way our society is today. Someone doing the right thing truly isn't the news most people want to hear.

Thanks Sky, I think we will soon find out that 3mile is a troll yet back again.

3mile, I too have been here almost a decade and have never had to change my user name, my name is indeed Alan. I do understand some choose to change their name for the right reasons .... Bez :tiphat: and all the good ones I have failed to mention? Some are forced to change their names. While I'm labeled as a GURU most know who I am and what my knowledge level is, it could be any label, it is what comes with the site. I won't get into anything about calling folks from NW Oregon named Alan a jackass, it speaks loud enough. :lol:

Welcome back!

Unfortunately the young professional police officer of today is far more apt to throw his weight around than to stop and think.

Respect is a two way street and seldom does it come to you in any "meeting" with the uniformed constabulary.

I too was raised to respect the law - but in truth I no longer trust the police any more.

I have very little respect for the legal system - and refuse to call it a justice system any more. It is a legal system and few who cannot afford it get the real justice they may / may not deserve. If you have bucks you can get justice. If you do not have money you get the legal system.

There are far too many examples out there that back my thoughts up. In my opinion this is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

In my opinion the police themselves are to blame for this their problems and the judges have done the same for themselves.

I also know full well that it is not getting better or even staying the same - it is getting worse - and it will continue to do so in my opinion because of black shirts, body armour, semi/auto rifles in the car, tasers, military boots and more - live the style and it becomes you - so comes the "bring it on attitude" rather than actual policing.

Remember, police never prevent crime - they show up after and investigate and lay charges - that "serve and protect" is well written but seldom the truth. You - the public - are the police - they just wear the uniform.

They all need to read Peels Policing Rules and actually practise them.

Especially number 9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peelian_Principles

Best to all

Bez

skyhightree1":3tganaeq said:
LazyARanch":3tganaeq said:
Alan, you can paint the cops in your neck of the woods with your broad or narrow brush but I've been in LE for 25 years and I have MANY friends who are officers. I also have some that I don't care for at all, and some that I won't be in the same room with if I can help it but it's not because they are crooked or a$$holes or on a power trip. There are good and bad in ANY profession... Drs, nurses, farmers, attorneys, teachers, construction workers, daycare providers, be nice even horse breeders and trainers and CERTAINLY some cattle ranchers. Some get that way because the job eats them up, others are just born that way and fake their way through it. None of us are perfect and we have our good days and our bad days. I could tell you many stories about the GOOD that deputies and police officers do, but you're going to hear a helluva lot more about the bad and the dirty because THAT'S what the media likes. I can tell you that eventually the rotten apples get weeded out, or they weed out themselves.

I can agree with alot of this... there is always alot more good done that you never hear about thats the way our society is today. Someone doing the right thing truly isn't the news most people want to hear.

I agree 100%, as far as the media goes,"if it bleeds it leads". Bad news sells. And let me clarify the dumb azz who got shot stepping out of the car next to the golf course was running from the cops, he may have had warrants. But the cops shot someone, ID the deceased as a woman and it was clearly a man. Should have never pulled the trigger, they were, IMO, over whelmed with the situation and jumped out and started shooting. We will see as more details come out. Lots of witnesses coming out against what the cops said.

snake67":2elkp4q6 said:
Alan":2elkp4q6 said:
I won't get into anything about calling folks from NW Oregon named Alan a jackass, it speaks loud enough. :lol:

Welcome back!

What the he[[ Alan - I will do it!

You're a jackass!!

Hee Hawww! Hee Hawww!

LOL

Best to you

Bez

Come on Bez, I have been called an Azz or even an azzhole, but only a jackass a couple of times .... Not including my Dad growing up ..... But at those times I know I had earned it. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts