Cooking bacon

Help Support CattleToday:

When cooking bacon what do you use to turn it over?

• Fork

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Spatula

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Pinchy lifter (tongs)

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Fingers

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Just eat it raw straight off the pig

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Bacon?

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
backhoeboogie":joilyndd said:
whatsupdoc3":joilyndd said:
I came in from feeding wife

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to read that twice!!

I thought "Huh ~ and they think we're wierd?" :lol2:
But then I got it.......

angie":3qbfa82t said:
backhoeboogie":3qbfa82t said:
whatsupdoc3":3qbfa82t said:
I came in from feeding wife

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to read that twice!!

I thought "Huh ~ and they think we're wierd?" :lol2:
But then I got it.......

Yes. Besides, why would he wear a new night gown? That old one he had was prolly just fine. :lol:

Was going to cook tonight but wasn't sure what to cook. Ya'll have now given me direction. Got a bunch of vine ripe tomatoes about to go bad so I guess BLT's are what's for dinner tonight. :nod:

whatsupdoc3":3q7ivlq3 said:
Just had breakfast RED EYE GRAVY only a true SOUTHERNER knows the value of that. If you sold it according to its value it would be compareable to GOLD.

And smooth, well aged bourbon on a cold night. :drink:

Jogeephus":1ogm2ai5 said:
Was going to cook tonight but wasn't sure what to cook. Ya'll have now given me direction. Got a bunch of vine ripe tomatoes about to go bad so I guess BLT's are what's for dinner tonight. :nod:

Hey Jogeephus

What time are we eating?? I like Blt's but have you ever use a Biscuit left over from breakfast, you just put Mayonnaise, bacon and tomatoe on a biscuit. They are great, one of treats my grandmother would fix me when i was younger. ok i am starving now!

Jogeephus":1rtefj6w said:

Hey Jogeephus

What time are we eating?? I like Blt's but have you ever use a Biscuit left over from breakfast, you just put Mayonnaise, bacon and tomatoe on a biscuit. They are great, one of treats my grandmother would fix me when i was younger. ok i am starving now!

Jogeephus":1vtqwlda said:

It is raining ice in S Indiana. I hate you.
I assume even in S GA those are greenhouse tomatoes.
Fork turned in cast iron or microwaved. Either is good. Having tomatos in late Feb, priceless.

Caustic Burno":3bo0mog9 said:
Well it is 75 here right now, and there are tomato's in the green house.
There is nothing any finer than a big thick BLT with fresh maters.

Ok, I don't really hate you guys. But I am green with envy. First BLT here will be about June 30. And those things really are the perfect food.

john250":1kdos6j3 said:
Caustic Burno":1kdos6j3 said:

Ok, I don't really hate you guys. But I am green with envy. First BLT here will be about June 30. And those things really are the perfect food.

Don't get to envious by June 30 we will be in the high 90's to 100's and our low humidity of 90 to 100%.

Caustic Burno":26e2lr6g said:
john250":26e2lr6g said:
Caustic Burno":26e2lr6g said:

Don't get to envious by June 30 we will be in the high 90's to 100's and our low humidity of 90 to 100%.

I'm scratchin on the calendar. June 30. First crop of sweet corn will be a few days away. See y'all then.

Caustic Burno":3leyqumk said:
:nod: On homemade bread toasted, oh ya!

CKC1586":3e5ynlu5 said:
Caustic Burno":3e5ynlu5 said:
:nod: On homemade bread toasted, oh ya!

Lightly toasted! ;-)

AubornAg wrote
have you ever use a Biscuit left over from breakfast, you just put Mayonnaise, bacon and tomatoe on a biscuit. They are great, one of treats my grandmother would fix me when i was younger. ok i am starving now!

My grandma could make a mean biscuit but I never had a tomatoe on one. You just brought back some fond memories there. Yeah. Her biscuits were to die for. She baked every morning and kept them on a warmer on the stove where you could always grab one if you wanted to. Normally threw a piece of that country ham on it. Never tried a mater on one though but I aim to try it. Sounds good.

John250 wrote
I assume even in S GA those are greenhouse tomatoes.

I wish I could take credit but these came from a friend of mine in the vegetable business. He called me the other day as he was coming up from Florida and wanted to see me. Said he had something for me. Gave me two cases of tomatoes that were as ripe as you might pick off your own plants. They were good but I knew I couldn't eat them all before they spoiled so I made the rounds like Santa sharing the wealth so to speak. I gave em to everyone I had any aquaintance with. Even made a few new friends in the process. They are good.

BLT's were good. Gotta use that thick sliced bacon to make them right. :nod:

My wife does it in a microwave. I can't tell the difference between it and the stove top.

Spread it out on a baking sheet, sprinkle some brown sugar on it and throw it in the oven, not too crispy and not too sloppy JUST RIGHT.

Usually in the frying pan with tongs, but f im not in the mood to get covered with grease I throw it in the oven on a baking sheet.

Latest posts