Cooking large # of steaks

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
If you have a large number of guest is there a formula/rule of thumb for how many people will want rare how many will want medium and how many will wont well done?

denoginnizer":783owus6 said:
If you have a large number of guest is there a formula/rule of thumb for how many people will want rare how many will want medium and how many will wont well done?

If there is I would like to know it.

How many are you cooking??? When I cook steaks with a certian grill I have, it cooks with iundirect heat, therefore there is very little pink and they are not DRYED out. I would look at it like this, that more than half of the people order steaks medium to medium well. So that's what I would shoot for. If you were cooking 100 steaks you might cook 10% rare and 10% well, leaving you 80 to cook medium to medium well.

Just a side note, if you are cooking these steaks and not serving them strait off the grill, you might want to put them in a cooler lined with aluminum foil, close the lid and they will continue to come some and they will stay moist because of the steam.

Let me know how it turns out. Oh and where is it at because I am hungry and I love a good steak!

The rule I use is to cook whatever I'm cooking the way I like it. Some people may not like it my way. With luck, they won't come back.

Latest posts