Cooking bacon

Help Support CattleToday:

When cooking bacon what do you use to turn it over?

• Fork

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Spatula

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Pinchy lifter (tongs)

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Fingers

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Just eat it raw straight off the pig

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Bacon?

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fork if I fry it at all. Used to have a pan for the microwave for bacon. My hub cooked up some in there the other day and it was pretty good. I don't like to get popped by the grease.

Mmmm, bacon.... I do it in the microwave so I don't flip it. Think I'll go make some now. :D

Now you've done it. I haven't had turkey bacon out of the microwave in a long time. Hadn't thought about it until now. That stuff is good when you get it crisp in the microwave. Real bacon is best out of the iron skillet. It smells best when cooking on a campfire.

It is all good!!

Looks like fork is winning by a land slide.
I only cook in iron skillets anymore, got tired of replacing teflon and the like.
Side pork? Isn't that bacon not smoked?

CKC1586":24764qil said:
Turkey bacon :shock: that ain't right!
I like fresh sidepork nice and crisp....yum.
I'm with you 100% on both.
Next ther will be ToCan. If they can make tofu turkey why not tofu bacon

angie":18kkrtxd said:

Yup, and cooked with the rine still on it the rine makes some great after dinner munching.

I remember those winters when Pop would kill a couple hogs and we would salt cure the pork bellies and hams in the smoke house. Then you would have to soak the bellies in water for a while to pull some of the salt out. Slice it thick and fry it. That was the best.

dun":3jtdz0jb said:
angie":3jtdz0jb said:

Yup, and cooked with the rine still on it the rine makes some great after dinner munching.
Yes, now that you say that I remember my gma in Mi used to make a bunch up and put it in a coffee can and send it with us to eat on the drive home (just the rine part). Seems to me there was a name for it.........?

YES! That is it! Cracklings!
I starting to think maybe I don;t want to know what it is....
What is a pork belly? Name makes it sound like it is the pigs stomach, but surely that can;t be right....
Can it?

angie":1jbweo2v said:
YES! That is it! Cracklings!
I starting to think maybe I don;t want to know what it is....
What is a pork belly? Name makes it sound like it is the pigs stomach, but surely that can;t be right....
Can it?

No No don't get to excited Angie. :lol: A pork bellies is the whole side of pork in between the shoulders and hams, it's the part Bacon comes from.

Cracklens are the outer skin and fat deep fried. Most all the all of the hog is used but you can put your mind to ease I do not think the stomach is used for anything other than dog food.

Auburn_Ag":1jyaagqc said:
No No don't get to excited Angie.
Only 2 words would get me too excited about right now are "above freezing" :frowns: .
Thanks for taking time to explain!

use a fork to turn the bacon.microwave bacon is yummy to.as long as you dont cook it to crisp.

Latest posts