converter box for 2-09

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I got my coupons for the converter boxes, but I have heard they are hard to find, most places are sold out. Do they work good, does anyone have them hooked up to your TV's yet?

GMN

You would be better off just to get Direct TV. No converter needed with it.

I've been using the converters both ways (inverter too) for years with success.

The most expensive unit I bought came with a DVD, CD, and VCR player. The CD player and inverter still work but I wish all were seperate components. The unit takes up a lot of real estate on the console for having a VCR and DVD that no longer work. The appealing part to buying it was less remote controls.

I don't watch enough television to justify residual expenses of a dish network. My old big dish hasn't been in service since they started scrambling the signals.

Gail....just go ahead and bite the bullet and get that big wide high definition plasma you've been wanting. :)

TexasBred":2l3c6ogi said:
Gail....just go ahead and bite the bullet and get that big wide high definition plasma you've been wanting. :)

Your right, I do want a big 52 inch TV, how sweet would that be?

Gail

TB i got that big 50in flatscreen HI DEF tv your telling gail to get.an its a sweet tv.im wanting a 36 or 42in HI DEF flatscreen tv where my pc is.

bigbull338":16h5d4fl said:
TB i got that big 50in flatscreen HI DEF tv your telling gail to get.an its a sweet tv.im wanting a 36 or 42in HI DEF flatscreen tv where my pc is.

:nod: :nod: Yeah you're wanting it so you can just lay back in that big recliner with your keyboard in your lap and watch that big screen. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":p87mquqj said:
bigbull338":p87mquqj said:

:nod: :nod: Yeah you're wanting it so you can just lay back in that big recliner with your keyboard in your lap and watch that big screen. :lol: :lol:

Where do you all find time to watch TV? It still would be sweet though, I'll use my fave 2 words, "Maybe Someday"

Gail

gail i get to watch the big tv some at nite.an i have my work condensed so it dont take me long to get done.the only time i really have alot of work is if i have cattle penned up.

GMN":3f1yaxxn said:
TexasBred":3f1yaxxn said:
bigbull338":3f1yaxxn said:

Where do you all find time to watch TV? It still would be sweet though, I'll use my fave 2 words, "Maybe Someday"

Gail

Gail I know dairying is long hard work but if you don't make a little bit of time for yourself during the day I'm giong to blame you. When I dairied I still made sure I TOOK time for myself...even it if was just to drive to town and have a cup of coffee with the "do nothings". Get that TV and kick back a little. Those "spots" will be ok during your break. :nod: :nod: You'll love yourself for it someday.

I got two converter boxes from Radio Shack on Monday, get this last Wed. they got 500 in, and I was on the list to put 2 aside. When I went there, there were only 3 left. They are really slick, come with a remote, and we get 10 channels now instead of just 3. Its kind of neat.

GMN

Same here... bought mine at Radio Shack (with my gov coupons) Just in case my Dish goes out... use the converter boxes with my regular antennae for a backup.

Found out something interesting. If you have a P.O. Box address you are denied the coupon to get a convertor box. You can appeal, but it takes so long that it is just easier to just go buy the dang thing.
Now I have gotta figure out how to hook the stupid thing up.

I luv herfrds":25fyp3uq said:
Found out something interesting. If you have a P.O. Box address you are denied the coupon to get a convertor box. You can appeal, but it takes so long that it is just easier to just go buy the dang thing.

I wonder why? They are just mailed thru the normal mail, so they would come with any other mail you got?

We needed 3 actually, but only got 2 coupons, may try to find a way around that to get another one, but the coupon sure did help with the cost, else it would have cost almost $$130 for 2.

GMN

I luv herfrds":169mefat said:

I wonder why? They are just mailed thru the normal mail, so they would come with any other mail you got?

We needed 3 actually, but only got 2 coupons, may try to find a way around that to get another one, but the coupon sure did help with the cost, else it would have cost almost $$140 for 2.

GMN

That was the excuse I was given when I applied for it.
Got mine on sale for $49.99 the other one was $59.99
must have been some stupid rule or something.

Latest posts